Chapter Seven - That's A Tempting Thought

Start from the beginning

Tears began pouring down my cheeks. "I'll live with Nan. She'll take me in. She's only half an hour away. She won't mind. She cares for me a darn lot more than you do. She knows I'm happy where I am, and she's capable of being my legal guardian. I get on well with her, and we have a lot in common. One thing being that we both hate you."

Father angrily brushed past Damon and I, making his way to the nearest exit. As I buried my face in Damon's shoulder, Father slammed the front door behind him.

Damon and I stood in our awkward embrace for a while. As I cried endlessly, all I could think of was why Damon was even bothering to comfort me. Surely, if he had any sense, he would have just snapped my neck by now. How is he coping with such an annoying, weak, pathetic human? If I were in his position, then I would be long gone.

It took awhile for one of us to speak up, but after about ten minutes I felt Damon's hot breath on my ear. "You're coming back to mine," he told me.

"No," I insisted. "I need to stay here. Mum's stuff needs to be sorted through, and all of my belongings need to be packed. I don't know where I'm going to stay, and I don't care. If Dad gets it his way, then I'll be moving back to England right after the funeral. If Nan gets it her way, then I'll be moving to the outskirts of Mystic Falls as soon as possible. Things need to get done around here, and I don't think Mary Poppins is going to come and help."

"Who's-" Damon began, but changed his path of speech. "You're coming back to mine," Damon repeated, his voice stern and impatient.

Before I could argue, he had lifted me up into his arms and was running at a very unimpressive speed. "Show off," I muttered, closing my eyes tight. Saying I suffered from motion sickness was an understatement.

But I shouldn't moan. Within two minutes we were back at the Salvatore boarding house. Stefan's car was nowhere in sight, so, hopefully, he and Elena had buggered off for the day.

Here I go again; being harsh to those who had helped me greatly. Elena and Stefan had gone to extreme amounts to look after me last night, and I don't think I actually thanked them for everything they've done. What a bitch.

That's what I am these days. A bitch. I've turned from a lovely, caring young lady to some selfish, inconsiderate bitch. When mother 's body was thrown through the window, I had barely felt anything. I mean, I was hyperventilating, and the tears flowed from me like water does from a tap, but there were no true emotions. It was almost as if I didn't - and still don't - care.

And then, when my father was trying to comfort me, all I felt was hatred towards him. Maybe if he hadn't of fucked off and left me here with my messed-up mother, we would never be in this incredibly confusing position. He's a bastard. He's the world's biggest bastard. I wish he would just drop down dead.

I lost my trail of thoughts as Damon literally threw me down onto the sofa. I frowned up at him, and he just raised his eyebrows, spinning on his heel and quickly exiting the room.

He was back in the next few seconds, a crystal glass of Bourbon in each hand. After swigging from one glass, he handed me the other. I smiled at him gratefully, then brought my glass to my lips. I tipped it up, and let the alcohol trickle into my mouth. It tasted bitter, and disgusting, but gave me an immediate kick of energy. I took another sip. And another. And another. And another. In fact, I took so many sips that after a minute the glass was empty. Damon went and fetched the bottle, pouring me another.

It was just like yesterday, only, with any luck, another dead relative won't come flying through the window.

And this time we didn't have sex. We just sat and moaned about how tragic our lives were; Damon's list of complaints seeming never ending, and mine generally about Elena or my mother or England.

"I mean, it rained all of the fucking time!" I exclaimed, gulping back more Bourbon.

"It's not much better over here," Damon droned. "The weather is great and all, but the people around here are so boring. They're all anti-vampire. I just want someone awesome to hang around with. Stefan get's all of the friends, and I'm left as a loner. It's not fair. I don't mind being a loner, but it get's boring after a while."

"I know how you feel, my friend. Everyone around here are just so lame. They need to live a little. What's the problem with vampires? I think they're awesome. I wouldn't mind becoming one myself."

And that's when it hit me. That's when I discovered the solution to all of my problems. I could just get Damon to turn me. By him performing this action, both of us would gain something. He would get the satisfaction of murdering someone, while I would be able to take out all of my problems on the innocent residents of Mystic Falls. It's the perfect medicine to my crappy life. I could just do whatever I want.

I wouldn't have to move to England.

"Turn me," I said, feeling fairly sober.

Damon looked at me, his eyes wide. "What did you just say?"

"Turn me into a vampire," I said again. "Come on. You know you want to. Just do it already."

"Okay," Damon smirked.

I flicked my hair away from my neck and tilted my head back. My hands were shaking, along with the rest of my body. Why am I nervous? This is for the good. This is all for the better.

Damon slowly got up from his seat and approached me with unexpected caution. When he'd reached the sofa I was laying on, he stradled me, preventing me from moving. Then he bit his wrist until he drew blood and forced the wound against my lips. I sucked his blood until he pulled away reluctantly. And then I knew what was coming next.

Without any hesitation, Damon dramatically lifted up my head until his lips were able to press hard against my skin. I felt myself flinch instinctly as two sharp fangs pierced my skin.