Discovery

A/N: For clarification, Alex and Kemina were Kay's parents. Raphael is the older sibling of Kemina and Mia. He ordered the setup that resulted in Kay's parents murder. Explanation of this is in Hawaii {Part I} if you need to refresh on some things.

-------

Mia takes a deep breath, eyeing the picture of her beloved niece before hitting the sleep button on her iPhone.

"I'll never understand why Kaydence," she breathes to herself, shutting her eyes, as she tries to get her thoughts together. "Never."

"Ms. Ortiz," Mia looks up from her desk to see her assistant standing by her door.

"Yes, what is it Vanessa?"

"You have a visitor," Mia quips her brow. "It's your brother."

Mia raises her head, almost snapping at the poor woman, but catches herself. "Hold my calls and send him in."

"Yes mam," Vanessa's small form disappears and Mia taps her nails against her desk. She sends up a quick prayer and leans back against her chair. Before she realizes it, her only living sibling is standing before her, an almost sympathetic expression on his handsome face.

"Raphael," she greets stoically. "Surprising to see you here."

He hesitates, but takes a seat in the expensive chair in front of her desk. "How are you doing?"

"Well," she starts off with an overtly dramatic sigh. "I just had to bury my niece, you know, the only child of our beloved sister who you had killed, can't forget that-"

"Damnit Mia," he groans quietly, eyes casting down to the floor. "I didn't come here to argue with you."

"Oh no?" She quips her brow. "So, you're here to attempt to overthrow mommy and I again? Cause if it didn't bode over well last time, I highly doubt this time will be any different."

"Do you really harbor that much animosity against me?"

She replies without hesitancy, "Yes, I do."

"I've come to accept my position within our company," he straightens his tie, as his eyes casually fall over to the "President" plaque on her desk. "I just came here to offer my condolences."

"Yeah, well you can keep them." She shoots back harshly. "Just like you could have kept those flowers you sent to her funeral."

"I wanted to attend, but I figured you would have been against it..."

"You figured correctly."

"Fuck Mia," she jumps back when he slams his fist on her desk, leaning over for emphasis. "She was my niece too!"

"Don't you dare," Mia snaps, sitting up in her chair. "Don't you even try to act like you gave a fuck about Kaydence. You never liked her from the get go, my dear brother."

"So because of that, you think I'm happy to see her dead?" He questions, a pang of hurt flashing in his brown eyes.

"I think you probably see another opportunity to claim the title of president or hell, maybe even mother's position as CEO, while we mourn the loss of a family member."

"You don't think I'm mourning too?" He points to himself and it takes everything inside of Mia to not roll her eyes. "My ignorance and greed blinded me from accepting my own niece and now-"

"You didn't even know her!" She decides to truncate his little speech.

"I told you already Mia...I didn't come here to argue with you." He exhales, picking up on his younger sibling's obvious truculence. "I came here to discuss possibly meeting the baby."