Lovers Denied [Chapter 14]

Logan's POV-

"Hey man, how was-- Whoa who is that?" my brother, Darren asked as I carried a sleeping Abrielle into my room.

I grunted in response and laid her down, pulling a blanket over her.

"Aw, that's so sweet. You're acting like she's your mate or something." Darren cooed but he froze at the pointed look I gave him. "Bullshit! I smell Alpha blood on her though!"

After checking on Abrielle to see that he hadn't woken up at Darren's outburst, I pushed him out of my room and close the door behind me and motioned for Darren to follow me outside.

"I don't know how, but yes she is an Alpha... or she's about to be, and yes we are mates." I said running my fingers through my hair in frustration. Darren looked at the closed door that was my room and then back to me.

"Yeah... I don't see how that's gonna work out... but bro, she's hot." he muttered and I glared at him, but as always, it had no effect on him and he just shrugged. "What she is?"

"Whatever." I snapped and went outside to see a few of my pack members standing around the place, some smiling in excitement and some with bored expressions on their faces.

"Where is Roul?" I asked my brother as he followed me outside. I quickly scoped out my territory to see that nothing looked out of the ordinary. A few kids were running and playing with each other, laughing loudly as they each tried and failed at growling. Some women were huddled together, some with newborns cuddled to their chests, all of them talking animatedly. As I looked into the forest, I could see a few of my men phasing in and out of their wolf forms as they chased a football and tackled each other. Nope, noting out of the ordinary.

"He's somewhere in the forest. Meditating probably." he answered and I arched an eyebrow at that.

"The bayou?" I asked and he nodded.

"I don't see how that place can be relaxing. It smells like rotten shit." he said, squeezing his nose between his forefinger and his thump. I smirked at that and walked over to the middle of The Quad. Pack Houses circled around my house that I shared with Darren, being the biggest, and right in the middle. In the middle of the circle, is where we usually held celebrations, and meetings. Our celebrations usually consisted of Pack stories, bonfires, anniversaries, birthdays, births, you name it, we celebrated it. While our meetings consisted of more important matters. Like this one. Darren named it The Quad, and since it sounded better than The Circle In the Middle Of The Pack Houses, I let the name stay.

As I stood in the middle of the stone floored circle, I stripped down to my boxers, ignoring Darren's remarks.

"Ooh la la..." he fake swooned, laughing as a few women in their huddle did just that, but without faking. I rolled my eyes and then closed them, letting my wolf take over as my bones grew longer and thicker. My teeth grew sharper and elongated, my ears grew keener and pointier, and my eyes grew larger and deadlier. A burning sensation rocked through my body as I went transformed into an animal, and I welcomed it with open arms. When I was fully phased, I looked around my territory with new eyes. My boxers were shredded into pieces as they lay on the ground, and everyone that was presently outside were staring at me expectantly. I nodded at them and my head snapped up in the air so that I could see the moon. It was still pretty early in the night, but the sun was setting and the outline of a crescent moon could be seen.

That whole thing about shifting in the full moon, total myth, but we do like to stare at it while in our wolf forms. For us, the moon was the most beautiful view on earth, but some packs would argue that it was the stars, that the stars held insight into our selves, and into our futures.