Chapter twenty: Messy Relative

Sorry for the short chapter!
"You are tiny." James set me down like I was fragile. So gently and careful. Poking my stomach before I covered it he continued.
"Why are you so tiny." He poked my stomach again.
"Stop." I pushed him away, giggling to myself.
"Fine fine, would you like to watch some movies?" Pointing at the tv.
"Yeah that's fine." I pulled the sheets aside and crawled into bed, then covering myself again, stuffing my face in the pillow.
"Are you grumpy little girl?" James questioned.
"No. I'm tired and want to...never mind." Finishing my sentence was not a wise thing to do, so I didn't.
"Want to what?" He stopped whatever he was doing and walked over to the bed side.
"Nothing, nothing." What I would have said would have concerned him. I wasn't looking for attention so I wasn't going to start anything to draw attention towards me.
"It's something." He sat down, great.
"It's literally nothing, I don't even know what I was going to say James." Could this conversation just be over?
"Yeah, okay you don't know. Whatever Cloe." I heard him sigh and walk away, towards the couch. I just didn't want to bother him with my problems. So I wasn't trying to but, either way I made it worse.
"James, please don't be mad." I pulled the covers off of myself and swung my legs over the side of the bed.
"I'm not mad Cloe. I'm fucking fine." Staring at the wall, he wanted to act like I wasn't there. I turned towards the bathroom walking in and shutting the door. I put my back against the door and slid down until I hit the white tile floor. I just sat there, not sad, not angry, not happy. I felt nothing, numb. Was this just a dream? Is this all a dream?
"Cloe?" James quietly knocked in the door.
"Yeah?" Well I didn't think he would immediately come to the door.
"You've been sitting in the bathroom for fifteen minutes, are you okay? I'm sorry I freaked out." I watched as the door knob wiggled a bit.
"It's okay, I'm fine, I'll be out in a minute." I pushed myself up off the floor, and turned on the water to the sink. Feeling the water, the cool water on my hands have me feeling again, snapping me back into reality. I turned off the water and dried my hands on the blue towel hanging up to my right. I opened the door and he was standing only inches away.
"Cloe, I'm sorry." He grabbed my hands pulling me away from the door.
"Don't be. Please don't be." There was a  knock at the door. I ran over and peeked through the hole. Nate.
"Come in!" I giggled opening the door. Leaning around the corner he smiled at me.
"Someone is happy." Poking my nose, then shaking my boyfriends hand, he came in to our temporary home.
"Someone was just cranky." James threw me a wink and walked over to the table.
"Naw." I laughed and smiled. Painted smiles always fool the eye.
"You're a funny girl Cloe Hayes." James grinned and popped open a bag of pretzels.
"Pretzels, my fave." Nate stuffed his hand in the bag, grabbing a handful of pretzels.
"Wow Nate real polite." I laughed going over to make the bed.
"Yeah of course I am." Talking with his mouth full he mumbled out a short sentence.
"Why am I related to you?" I pulled the sheet up, tucking it under the mattress on one side, then pulling up the blanket, then comforter. I walked over to the other side so I could finish.
"Because we're related I don't know." Laughing he stuffed more pretzels in his mouth.
"Oh wow really, I never knew." Finishing the bed, I sat down and played with my bracelet.