Chapter eighteen: Temporary Home

We arrived at the safe location where we would be staying, it was far from my house, an hour and a half away. The place looked like a prison, basically was but, for the people that needed safety from the criminals. My phone vibrated in my pocket, digging around I grabbed it and looked at the screen. Unknown caller. Okay. I answered quickly hearing mumbles.
"Cloe, Cloe." They laughed this voice, it was him.
"Leave me alone, fuck you." I whispered so the others wouldn't hear.
"No and you called the police? We thought you'd be smarter than that. Well I'll be waiting for you when you come out. Love you." He laughed again, and hung up. I stuffed the phone back in my pocket and ran over to catch up with the others who were already three quarters of the way across the parking lot.
"Who was that?" James was the first to ask, go figure.
"N-n one." I didn't want to say he'd just get pissed.
"It was someone so who? What's wrong?" He put his arm around my shoulders.
"Just that fucking guy that wants me dead." He shot a look at me, now he was mad.
"Give me your phone." He put his hand out, stopping in the middle of the parking lane.
"Okay?" I'm sure this guy wasn't stupid enough to use the same number to call me. It didn't take to long before James was mumbling again.
"Idiot." He laughed, pointing the phone in my direction. Sure enough it was the same number.
"Let's go inside, then we can track it?" I tugged his arm, attempting to move him.
"We will have the police do that." Stepping forward we made our way to the entrance.
Once we got inside I soon realized the place was decent, not as bad as I had thought it would be. The man at the front desk had assigned us rooms, I was with James, and my mother and father would be sharing a room if they decided to show up. Nate decided to leave, assuring me he would be safe.
"Okay I'm contacting the police." We were all settled in and it had to be done.
"Okay." I sat down on the fuzzy white couch that was next to the bed. Yes, that's correct, bed, as in one bed.
"Hi yes this is James calling in for Cloe Hayes." There was a pause, I couldn't hear much.
"Yes I found the number they are using." Another short pause and he was back to talking. He gave her the number and the call ended, I was happy something was finally being done to these sickos. Yet at the same time, in my mind I was still thinking, were they right? Should I really just, go?
"Babe I love you so much. Please don't let this assholes bring you down. You are beautiful inside and out, your talented, smart, everything someone could ask for okay? Please, I love you." Making his way over he kissed my head and hugged me.
"Thank you, I love you too." I leaned closer to him, feeling safe, for once.
After awhile of silence, I wanted to interrupt it.
"Can we talk about something?" I mumbled, looking up into his eyes.
"Yes of course."
"Do you uh, cut still? Or like, I don't know." I felt bad bringing it up but, it had to be said at some point.
"That's a conversation for another time." He forced a smile.
"Yeah, yeah that's fine." I rubbed my arm nervously.
Nighttime had been casted over the temporary home of ours, I was exhausted from the day and truly wanted to sleep. With the still lingering thought of those crazed maniacs out on the streets, I didn't dare sleep. Yes, we were, what they said protected but, anything could happen. There were no windows in our room, nothing to look out at. I wish to see the twinkling stars that scatter across the black sky, and the moon illuminating the forest. No, all I saw was the grey painted cement walls, with little decoration surrounding the bed, table, couch and chairs.  We had our own little bathroom, with the necessities, toilet, sink, bath tub, and a mirror above the sink.
I grew tired and the night was dying off. James shifted under the sheets but, didn't wake up. I pulled my legs close to my chest, leaning my head against the back of the chair. I will not fall asleep, no. I yawned, a little sleep wouldn't kill me.