Chapter sixteen: Sober Cousin

Blood, dried blood, that's all it was. My nose was bruised but, it wasn't broken and that's all I cared about. Taking a paper towel I went over to the sink and dampened it, ringing it out, then wiping my nose. I threw out the paper towel, and made my way to the heavily secured door, bracelet in hand, I placed it near the door. Click. Victory.
"Look there she is." The window slid open and men came threw.
"The slut who couldn't kill herself." They ran in and pinned me to the floor. Before I could see their faces, knuckles were coming straight to my face and everything went pitch black.
     "Oh dear. Those men, they're right. How could you not have killed yourself." A black figure stood only feet away. They never had faces, some where white, and some were black. Was she right? Should I try again?
"Dear, we all know, you must go, so please do us the favor of doing it soon we are getting annoyed here and we feel as though we need to step it up." She disappeared, what was this? Seconds later one right after another, figures were showing up.
"Slut."
"Whore."
"Ugly."
"Worthless."
All of these words, were they true. Of course they were! The thoughts were always true!
"Stop! Please!" I pleaded and pleaded but, they continued.
"No one loves you dear."
Why did they all say dear did they not know my name. I was lost, confused, what was going on how do I deal with this?
"WHATS WRONG WITH ME!" I yelled, the voices stopped. I jerked one eye open, I was in a different place, where? Footsteps came closer, and closer.
"Ah Cloe? Do us a favor." The people from the hospital. My head was throbbing from where this man had punched me.
"Take off the mask." They wore black masks with little holes so the could breath, I wish they couldn't.
"No, no. You're a funny one." Cowards, I was tied to chair, stuck I shook, frantically moving my arms.
"You won't get out. Only on one condition." He stepped closer, I closed my eyes, what was going on.
"You kill yourself darling, and I'll spare you. Otherwise we will do naughty things to naughty girls like you." He ran his finger down my face. Where was I, what was I going to do.
"We will give you a week, tops. Deal?" He stepped back, slowly.
I gulped,"D-deal." One came over and untied my hands, the other untied my legs.
"Now walk home you slut." He shoved me to the door and out into the sunlight. Slamming the door shut I turned, it was just a run down shack on the side of the road, I knew exactly where I was, home was far, very far. I didn't have my phone, or money.  So I knew I had to walk, to find someone to help, the only one I knew lived near was my cousin. He was bad news.
     I walked for about two miles until seeing that old blue house with the brown shingles sitting right in front of me. A car was parked in the driveway, maybe he wasn't drunk. I ran up the the stairs and knocked on the door twice, then ringing the door bell. I heard someone walking, not stumbling to the door, so that was a great sign. The door swung open and there stood my sober cousin. Wow he lost weight and he wasn't scrubby looking either.
"Cloe? Oh my goodness!" He reached over and pulled me into a hug, this was the best feeling in the world.
"Please help me, please." I pleaded, I needed it. I was still in the hospital gown so I imagine I looked like a physco walking down the street.
"What's wrong sweetie and you were at the hospital?" He looked at my gown leading me into his house. I sat down on a chair gripping my stomach, cramps from walking.
"I was in my hospital room and these men came in and told me if I didn't kill myself in a week they would, do naughty things with me." I blurted these words so quick I was hoping he would understand what I said.
"No, no one will do that oh my god no. They will not put their hands on you I will kill them." He rubbed my back. I looked around, his house was in shape. Maybe he finally had his head out of his ass.
"I-I just can't take it." I was attempting to hold back the tears but, I couldn't. I began to cry uncontrollably.
"Cloe it's okay! I'm here for you! Why were you in the hospital?" I sighed I didn't want to tell him.
"I just was." I shrugged my shoulders, good enough for now.
"No that's not how it works. Why?" Fine whatever I'll tell him. I just feel as though I'm such a failure.
"This, this is why." I tilted my wrist revealing the stitches that intertwined with my skin.
"Cloe, no, no please no. " He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug, he held on for quite awhile.
"Please call my mom, I was kidnapped and she has no clue where I am." I mumbled, pulling away from his bear hug.
"Okay, what's her number?"