Chapter seven: Comfort

I shifted to my left, and gently opened my eyes. The right side of the bed was empty. I turned my head and looked at the clock, 8:33 a.m. I didn't plan on getting up yet, so I pulled the camouflage covers over my head and closed my eyes. I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep but, I just wanted to sit there for awhile. Where was he anyways? Probably getting his coffee or something, maybe going to the bathroom. I sat there thinking about last night, what even came over me? I heard the door creak open and I saw a head pop out from behind the door.
"Babe? You awake?" He stepped into the room walking over to the bed, still shirtless.
"Hm, yeah good morning." I smiled and rubbed my eyes, I looked like shit, that I was sure of but, I'm sure he wouldn't mind.
"Good morning, I hope I didn't wake you, did you sleep okay?"  He sat down next to me, leaned over and kissed my head.
"No, you didn't wake me, yes I did." I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his leg.
"I made pancakes and coffee, does that sound okay?" He ran his fingers through my hair.
"Yeah, you didn't have to babe, I'm not really hungry." That was a lie. I was starving, but I was gaining to much weight.
"I know you're lying, don't even think you're fat for one second, you're so fucking skinny, honestly I think you need to gain weight. So please eat more, please." He looked at me. I was sixteen and weighed about 110. This isn't skinny. I don't know what he's talking about.
"I am fat, you just, I don't know look past it." I covered my face.
"No,no not even close, Cloe you're perfect." He smiled, getting me to sit up so he could give me a hug.
"Thanks. I love you." I smiled, why did he like me.
"Let's go eat breakfast then go for a walk?" He got up off the bed still facing me.
"Yeah, that sounds good." I got up and followed him out the door.
Once we were done eating I went upstairs and rummaged through my bag, finding blue jeans, a band shirt, while grabbing my hair brush, toothbrush and mascara. I ran into the bathroom and rushed to get ready, throwing my hair up in a messy bun. For some odd reason, today I felt cute and loved how I looked, I hope he did too.
He was waiting downstairs watching old episodes of The Dukes of Hazzard.
"I'm ready." I laughed and tapped him on the shoulder, he was in a daze staring at the tv.
"Huh, oh hey," there was a hesitation in his voice," woah, you look really hot. I mean well no seriously you really do." He smiled and got up from the couch.
"Thanks," I laughed," you look pretty cute yourself." I giggled, he was wearing a plaid shirt, jeans and work boots.
"Yeah, sure." He held my hand as we walked out the door. His steps were chipped, stone stairs, but they were truly beautiful, with a stone walkway that caught your eye while you would drive by or the big flag that waved in the air in front of their house.
"Where is your mom?" I stopped, turning to face him.
"She had to go help my aunt, or something, I didn't really pay attention." He laughed and continued on. We didn't hold hands for very long, it seemed we both pulled them apart at the same time. It was chilly outside, but not brutal either. The air was crisp and the sky was bright, very few clouds in the sky, the leaves shook off the trees and danced down to the ground.
We came up to a large oak tree with an old wooden swing hanging from its branch. It was so, beautiful. The colored leaves would shimmy down the branch and drift to the ground as the swing, swung back and forth from the force of the wind.
"Care to swing my lady?" He bowed, I just giggled and walked over to the swing.
"Are you cold?" He came over and sat next to me.
"Yeah, a little, I'll be fine." I smiled at him, resting my head on his shoulder.
"No you won't be." He pulled off his plain grey sweatshirt and handed it to me.
"Put it on, you'll stay warm." He smiled. I pulled it over my head and straightened it out a bit. It smelt like him, it was comforting.
"I love you." I hugged him, but this time it felt right, just something about it felt so nice.
"I love you too of course." He kissed my cheek," babe?" He questioned, another question already?
"Yes?" I smiled.
"Have you ever kissed anyone?" He smirked," you don't have to answer." He held my hand rubbing his thumb on the top of my hand.
"No, have you?" I'm sure he has, he was popular of course he has.
"Yeah, in fifth grade. She was so icky though." I laughed, he said that in the most childish voice he could come up with.
"Icky? Babe she was icky?" I laughed.
"Yeah it was Kayla, do you know her?" Did he seriously just, really. I hate her, there's nice Kayla, and that Kayla. I thought I was going to puke.
"She sure is icky." I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah but, I have you now, and that's what matters." He kissed my forehead.
     We just sat there for a while, looking at the sky, pointing at the leaves. Lost in time.