Chapter three: Him

He looks at me, his eyes glossy and blue as the sky.
"Cloe, do you understand this?" He was almost questioning my stupidity. He pointed at an algebra question, I nodded my head, it was simple honestly.
"Okay good, what about this one?" He flipped the page and pointed to number twenty three.
"Uhm. Not, not really." I mumbled, putting my head down, I was embarrassed, I could learn it I was just stubborn.
He put his index finger under my chin and tilted my head up, looked straight into my eyes," It's okay, I know your intelligent, I know you can learn this, I'll teach you, don't worry, it's okay." He was so sympathetic, so kind and caring.
"Thanks." I smiled and grabbed my notebook and a mechanical pencil, prepared to take notes.
"Hey Cloe?" He looked down at the floor.
"Hm?" I looked up putting my pencil in my hair.
"I uh, I, I like you. I'm sorry." His face got red and his eyes glossed over.
"Why are you sorry! Don't be! I like you too..." I trailed off, did I really just say that, was that okay? He was teaching me algebra, now we are sharing our deepest emotions. It was odd, but I enjoyed this.
"I'm just not like all of the other guys, I'm just gross and ugly. Your so beautiful and kind and caring. I just... Never mind, let's continue." It almost seemed as though he was irritated with himself, he didn't even look at me. I put my hand on top of his," Hey, James?" I questioned.
"Yeah?" His voice cracked.
"I don't want to study. I can't concentrate." This was true, I really couldn't but he convinced me into trying five problems by myself, so he could see what I was capable of doing.
     I finished the problems and looked up to see him twiddling his thumbs. I tapped his back.
"Huh? Hm?" He was zoned out and didn't realize I was still there.
"I finished, sorry to disturb you." I giggled, knowing he wasn't busy.
"Alrighty let me check them over quickly and I will give your results." He smiled. His smile was so, perfect, and filled my heart with joy. I smiled, and waited for him to finish. I lay my head down on the couch, feeling light headed, and began to drift asleep.
A black mass stood infront of me, it began to call me names, cuss me out, and tell me what to do. I tried to run but something stopped me. Something... Invisible... Like a force field or something crazy like that.
"Hey girl, your ugly, why do you try?"
"Hey girl, your stupid, why bother?"
"Hey girl, your pointless."
No no this isn't true, it can't be what's going on!
They began to push me around throwing me back and forth, cussing shoving me-
     I began crying. What's wrong with me? I buried my face into my pillow to silence my cries as I put myself down.
"Cloe?" James spoke in a soft soothing voice as he he pushed my hair aside and knelt down beside the couch so he could see my face.
"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He was concerned, and I was too.
"No I just-" I wiped the tears from my eyes," I just, hate me."
He pulled me into his arms and hugged me.
"It's going to be okay. Your beautiful, don't ever doubt yourself like that!" He was reassuring, that's for sure.
"Thanks, it means a lot." I said almost hiccuping while I spoke.
"Don't thank me. It's nothing really. On the plus side, you got the questions correct. I really don't think there is anything you need to worry about. Just maybe try in class?" He smiled at me.
"Yeah, I'll have to try that sometime." I giggled, of course I never would, everyone knew that.
"Cloe? Would you like to, hangout sometime?" He mumbled the last part, but I could still make it out.
"Yeah," I smiled,"I would love that."
"Great! Hey you still have about an hour before your," he stopped and winked,"mum gets here."
"Oh yes," I giggled," my mum, what to do?"
"How about, a walk out to the pond?" He gazed out the window, staring at the pond that was perfectly aligned with the home.
"That sounds great." I was excited, my wish was coming true.
     We walked outside and to the pond, leaves crunching under my feet, it was a bit chilly, but not bad for a fall day.
When we got to the bench and sat down I knew I had to tell him about my... Dreams...
"Hey James. The reason I was crying was because of these, weird dreams I've been having." I explained to him everything that had happened and he sat staring at me, listening to every word I said.
"Woah. Cloe, are you okay? What do you think may have caused this?" He was utterly surprised and confused.
"I really don't know, it scares me though, why am I having these?" I was hoping he would understand, but at this point I wasn't sure.
"I think, you may have a disorder of some sort." He seemed positive on this one, and I just agreed.
He stopped and looked out at the pond, so I did the same. We sat there for quite awhile before he broke the silence," Listen, I understand you don't, I don't know like me? I really like you, and without you, I don't think I could make it... I love you." He looked at me and smiled. At that moment I heard my mum hit the horn on the truck.
"I'll see you tomorrow?" He questioned.
"Yeah. Hey, I love you too." I smiled, got up, ruffled his hair and walked to the truck.