Austin... (Austin's p.o.v)

School without Ally sucks. I had no one to walk to school with and I had maths and music alone. James kept giving me the dirtiest look known to man! It was all a blur, like there was this piece missing and I wasn't really there.

I visited Ally alone after school, she kinda asked me to since she felt alone. Dez had to work on a film and Trish had to work so it was just me.

I got there around 4. It would've taken me quicker to get there but I picked up some flowers from Daisy's bouquets on the way.

I knocked on the door and took a deep breath. Then I went in.

There was Ally. She was reading a book, one I didn't recognise. She looked up to me and her face fell. She quickly regained it though. "Austin? Hi." She smiled, but something about that smile didn't seem like Ally's.

"Hey I bought you some flowers." I said, revealing the bunch of pink peonies from behind my back. She gasped.

"Austin! They're beautiful. You shouldn't have." She put her book on the side and sat up a bit more.

I walked towards her hospital bed and stood next to it. "It's something to say I'm sorry. How long have you been awake?" I asked, wondering if she'd heard what I said to her yesterday.

"Since 7 this morning. How was school?" She asked casually.

I breathed a sigh of relief and sat down in the arm chair next to the bed. "Boring. Maths and music were no fun without you." I said crossing my arms in a sulk.

She laughed at my acting. "I'm sorry that I'm unwell." She rolled her eyes and smiled.

"You wouldn't be unwell if it wasn't for me though. I shouldn't have acted like I did and it's all my fault. I should've-" I began to blab on but she stopped me.

"Austin, shhh. It's not your fault. It's mine. I shouldn't have fallen for him." She avoided from saying James.

"But Ally, I-" I started but she stopped me again.

"Trust me Austin. Just come here." She said opening her arms. She looked weak and pale. Not her usual self but she was as happy as ever.

I got up and hugged her tight, she was warm and I would love to hug her anytime.

"You're amazing Austin. And, I love you too." She whispered in my ear.

I shot up and stared at her. "What?" I asked. Was she talking about yesterday? No, she can't be, she said she was asleep until 7am.

"I might've lied a tiny bit. I was awake for your visit yesterday. It was beautiful." She smiled.

Awkward. I didn't know she was awake. "Oh, so you love me?" I asked just to clarify.

She nodded and smiled. Then she moved her legs and stood up. She wobbled once she was up but I steadied her by holding her arm. Once she'd gotten her balance she pressed a button on the TV remote.

A music channel played and the song was A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. She turned to me and put her arms around my neck. I put held her waist and we rocked back and forth. Ally's not a good dancer so instead of slow dancing we were just stepping.

She nestled in and whispered "I chose the wrong guy."

I kissed the top of her head. "Doesn't matter. I'd love you no matter who you choose." I said and we kept this moment.

Visiting time was over. We were sat on the bed, talking about a new song we're planning to write when the nurse came in and told me to leave.

I hugged Ally goodbye. "I'll visit you tomorrow." I said in a calm voice.

She nodded. "Okay, have fun at school. Bye." She smiled and I left.

On the way home I was smiling to myself when I heard a weird noise...

[PART 2 COMING NEXT.]