Ally's in hospital?

My eyes fluttered open but instantly shut because of the blinding light above me. I opened them a bit slower and realised I was in a hospital room. The silence was vaguely filled by the beep-beep-beep of the heart monitor next to the bed I was laying on. I heard the door creep open and I instantly shut my eyes. If it's Austin I don't want to speak to him.

"Ally?" Speaking of the devil. "No Trish, she's not awake yet. Alright." I heard Austin whisper. I didn't hear what Trish was saying. I heard the door creak and thought he was gone so I opened them just to see if he went. Nope, he's shutting the door behind him. I shut them again and laid as still as I could.

Something touched my hand, which was laying motionless beside me. He was holding my hand. I had the urge to pull it away but then I would be awake.

"Ally, even though you're not awake, I need to say this to you. I'm sorry for how I acted towards James. You know how much of a jerk he is and it got to me. I might've taken it too far but if anything happens to you then I couldn't live with myself knowing that I could've protected you. And....I love you." He said quietly. I nearly gasped but kept it in. He kissed my hand and then went out. I made sure he was outside before I opened my eyes.

Wow. Did Austin really mean that? Or am I dreaming? I heard a faint knock again and I instantly shut my eyes. They opened the door and walked in.

"Ally, I know you're secretly awake!" Trish whispered after she shut the door.

I gave in, since it was Trish. I slowly opened my eyes and attempted to sit up, but my stomach got shot with pain. So I just propped myself up with my arms. "Trish, what's wrong with me?" I asked weakly. My voice was scratchy since I hadn't talked in ages!

"Well the Doctor said you fainted because-" she began to say before I interrupted her.

"No, not physically. Mentally. Austin just pored his heart out to me and said he loves me, yet I can't accept the fact I might love him too. I have no idea what to do Trish and I'm kinda scared." I admitted, rubbing my forehead with my fingers.

Trish pulled up a chair and sat next to my bed. "Ally, I can't tell you what to do or how to feel, just think about it. Make a pros and cons list if it helps because you love making them so much. Just make sure you pick the right decision for yourself. Not just Austin." She said in her Trish kind of style.

"Thank you Trish, you're an amazing best friend!" I tried to hug her but it didn't really work.

"I'll tell the guys that you're still sleeping, just think about it." She reassured before walking to the door.

"Thank you again Trish." I smiled before laying back down and pretending to be asleep.

I actually fell asleep a few moments later and during that time, Austin had started to tear up in the waiting room, a little girl took a picture with Austin and Dez came in to see me and had to leave straight after apparently.

I woke up to sunshine. I looked at the clock and noticed it was 7am. I'd slept for more than 14 hours! I looked over to the table opposite my bed and saw a fruit basket with a bag of overnight stuff and some books left here by my Father.

I tried to push myself up again and this time I was successful. I swung my legs around and hobbled over to the objects. I had hold of the fruit basket because I hadn't eaten in ages. I refuse to eat the hospital food because it doesn't look healthy enough and I took the books too. A Midsummer Nights Dream, Pride and Prejudice and What Katy Did. Yes!!!

I made my way back to my bed and ate an apple from the basket on the table that pulls out to the bed while I read Pride and Prejudice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short and late chapter, been busy with work and school! Ahh! Life.