Chapter 8 (Edited)

Lucy's POV

  We arrived at my house and told my dad what was going on. He completely understood my situation, allowing us to use the car. I grabbed some makeup products and threw them in my travel makeup box and we headed off to Levy's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "Oh my g..god!" Natsu whined, with his head out the window.

  "Oh, come on. You can't possible feel that horrible?" I commented, while driving.

  "Y-yes, I ....feel horrible." He mumbled.

  "Well, we're almost at Levy's house so just hold on for a little longer."

  I looked over at him and giggled a little from the sight I saw.

  'I've never seen Natsu so..........vulnerable. It's kind of cute!'

  I realized what I was thinking and blushed, not even having the slightest thought of what's to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "We're here guys." I announced, taking in a deep breath to calm my nerves.

  "Finally!" Natsu yelled, falling out of the car with a loud thud.

  "I'll grab your stuff, Lucy." Levy offered.

  "Wait!" Natsu lunged towards Levy.

  "What?" Levy asked in complete surprise.

  "I wanna carry the dress. It's important." Natsu looked away, blushing a bit, which caused me to blush.

  Levy looked between me and Natsu.

  "Okay." Levy smirked, getting the meaning.

  She grabbed my box and Natsu got the dress. I, on the other hand, brought in my shoes and other accessories.

  We found my change room, without running into anyone. It was right beside the entrance to backstage, so no one would see me until I was on stage.

  I started pulling my things out of my bag. I grabbed a dress out of it and stared at it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

  I sat in the living room, staring down at the wrapped box in front of me.

  "Go ahead. Open it!" My mom cheered me on.

  I picked it up and ripped the wrapping off. I opened the box to find a dress inside it.

  I gasped with excitement.

  "Do you like it?" She asked.

  "I love it!" I yelled, running up to her for a hug.

  "You better because I spent hours on it." She said, with me on her lap.

  "You made this for me?!" I said, in surprise.

  "Well, of course! You said you wanted to be a model one day so I thought you would need a dress to wear!"

  "Thankyou so much mom!"

  "Happy twelfth birthday, my beautiful little girl!"

----------------------------------------------------------------

End flashback

  I smiled at the memory.

  'That was the last birthday I had with my mom before she got sick and....'