Melancholy (chapter 8)

"What do you mean? You're leaving!?" Dan questioned sadly. "It would seem so." You said with a sympathetic smile. You had accepted the fate that you didn't know Dan or Phil that long so you were content with the fact you were leaving.

Your POV
"When did you find out?" Dan said with a cold stare. "Yesterday morning..." I say, anticipating an angry reply "I...I see.." He says looking down slightly.  Suddenly I feel a strong warmth around me. Dan has his head buried in your hair and mine is in his neck. He smells nice I can admit and I find myself enjoying this..a lot. He lets go with his arms that were holding my arms by my body stiffly and quickly moves them to under my arms, putting one of his hands gently on the back of my neck and the other on my spine where my waist was located.
I tightly wrapped my arms around his neck and softly sighed into him comfortably. We stood like that for what seemed like hours. I had never hugged anyone so long.

Dans POV
I love this. Shes so small In my arms and so delicate. She fits perfectly in my arms. She feels like she is supposed to be right here and I don't want to let go. I'm not sure if she feels uncomfortable here, her body feels content and warm, she doesn't feel nervous nor is she shaking or moving around a lot. I reach down with the hand that was on her back and put it on the back of her knees, picking her up, she takes her head out from my neck and looks at me questionably, stroking my hair in circles with her hand on my neck. It sends chills down my spine. I carry her to her bed and set her sideways in my lap with one of my legs crossed under the other. She lets go of my neck and instead, puts her arms around my torso, putting her head into my chest. That's when I heard something that sank my heart into my chest and made my lungs shatter. She began crying softly.
"Dan I don't want to go. Why did you have to do this." She sobbed. "Do what?" I ask, already knowing the answer. "This." She said looking at me. "Because I've been wanting to do this since I knocked you down by the elevator." I laughed holding her tighter.