Chapter 17: The Date

Katniss P.O.V.

I stand in the door opening of a beachhouse. Everywhere around me are little candles. 

'What do you think?' I hear Peetas attractive vouce say. I smile at him. 'I think it's gorgeous', I say. I look at the beach. 

'How did you get this house?' I ask. Peeta starts to blush, even though it's very dark around us. 
'My grandfather bought it. He lives in the elderly center now, but he used to live here. My grandmother loved the view', he tells me. 'I can understand that, it's so beautiful', I say. Peeta smiles. I turn to him. 

'What did you wanted to say to me?' I ask. He looks a little shy at me. 'I eh... When you asked if you could come over, I really wanted you to. But you couldn't because I don't live at home anymore. I live here now. And I wanted to tell you, but you cut me off too soon', he says. I start to blush out of shame. 

'I'm sorry', I say. He holds up his shoulders. 'It's okay. I'm glad that you're here now', he says. I smile. I walk closer to him and put my hands around his neck. He's scared at first, but then he places his arms around my waist. I lay my head on his shoulder.

'I love you Peeta, I really do', I whisper. He looks at me and smiles.
'I love you too Katniss', he says.

Why don't I believe him?

I take my hands back and take a step backwards. He frowns at me.

'What did I do wrong?' he asks. I sigh and walk to the couch. I sit down and look at my hands.
'Nothing... It's just... My mom. She said you'd never love a girl like me. And that you were using me', I mumble. I can see that Peetas eyes widen and he comes to me. He sits down at my feet and takes one of my hands into his.

'Why on earth would I do that?' he asks. I hold up my shoulders. 'I don't know. You're so sweet and kind and smart and funny and hot and I'm just...', the end of my sentence fades away. I look down but Peeta places his finger under my chin so that he forces me to look at him. 

'You're what?' he asks. I hold up my shoulders again. 'Ugly', I mumble. 'You're absolutely not ugly! You're beautiful', he says. I start to blush. I roll my eyes in disbelief. Peeta chuckles. He takes my other hand too and lets me stand up. He looks at me and comes closer. 

He's gonna kiss me! 

I have to force myself to not crash my lips onto his, because they come so close towards me. 

And then, finally, I feel his lips onto mine. 

When he pulls apart, I just have to smile. He smiles to and takes me to the beach. There's a blanket and also candles. 

'Peeta, you're amazing', I say. He giggles a little and sits down. I sit down next to him and look at the horizon. It's perfectly orange. Peetas favourite colour. I smile. 
'It's really a perfect night', I say. Peeta nods. 'The sky, the ocean, the house, everything is perfect', he says. I nod. I hear him sitting closer to me. 

'And you', he says. I look at him. He smiles. 

Oh... That smile... I can't concentrate on anything when he puts on that smile. 

'Wanna swim?' I hear. I still can't concentrate. 
'Katniss!' I hear suddenly. I shake my head and look around me. I see Peeta, laughing. I roll my eyes, and try to look cool, but I can feel the heat spreading in my face. 

'What?' I ask, acting like nothing happened. He laughs even harder. I give him a playful slap on the arm. 'Alright, alright', he says, putting his hands in the air. I can laugh now too. 

I look at the ocean, they remind me of Finnick. Suddenly I feel something warm in my neck. I look next to me and see Peeta with his head in my hear. 

'What are you doing?' I ask, giggling. I feel his lips again on my neck. 

God... I love it when he kisses my neck. 

He looks up and bends me over, so I lay on my back. I look at him, smiling.
'So... You think I'm hot?' he asks, with an amused grin on his face. I roll my eyes. 'Yes', I mumble. He smiles. He kisses my neck again. 

'I think you're pretty hot too', he says. I blush and shake my head. 'No, I'm not hot. I don't have curves and my body's not pretty, let alone hot', I say. Peeta kisses my forehead. 

'You're gorgeous. Believe me, I see some guys looking at you... With looks that I don't like', he says. I smile and put my hands around his neck. 'Ahw, are you a little bit jealous?' I ask. He starts to blush. 

Ah, that's just too adorable. 

'You don't have to be jealous', I say. He rolls his eyes. 'Yeah, you just say that to make me feel good, but I see the way Gale looks at you', he says. I chuckle. I push my lips onto his and pull him closer to me. 'Does that convince you?' I ask. He smiles amused. 'Not yet', he says. I giggle.

He's so romantic. I really like it. 

I kiss him again. He kisses me back, and he pulls me onto his body. 

I like it when our kiss turns a little bit harder. 

We pull apart and just stare at eachother. 

Peeta P.O.V. 

She's so beautiful... I love just looking at her. I love her. 

I sit up. I want to know it. 

'Why did you wanted me to leave you alone?' I ask. Katniss sits up too and looks at me. 'You said you wanted me to leave you alone, but you were very happy when I texted you', I say. Katniss looks at her hands, wich are entwined with mine. 

'I eh... Have to tell you something', she says. I frown at her. I get nervous now. 

***********

Oeeee, how's Katniss gonna tell Peeta about Mathew? Let me know what you thought of this chapter and what you want to read next. 
Love, -xxx-