Chapter 12: Mathew

Peeta P.O.V.

I open my eyes and see that Katniss is laying next to me. I smile.

She's so peaceful when she's asleep.

But I'm still laying in a hospital bed. I still have that concussion because of my mother.
I change my position a little, so I can give Katniss a kiss on her cheek, but my head starts being painful. I lay back and breathe out. Katniss startsto moan and moving. Slowly she opens her eyes. She seems a bit confused, but then she looks at me.

'Hey', she says. I smile at her. 'Hey, beautiful', I say. Then she looks at my bandage. She sits up.
'Peeta, we really have to do something about that', she says. I sigh. 'No, it won't work anyway', I say. She looks at me with pity in her eyes. I don't want to be weak to her.

I place my hands on her waist and pull her to me. I place my lips onto hers. When I pull apart she smiles at me. 'Alright, but if she gets go into the hospital again, I will talk to her', she says stubborn. And I don't think that a kiss will change her mind again. I sigh.

Then the doctor comes in.

'Hello, Peeta', he says. He looks at Katniss. 'This is Katniss, my girlfriend', I say proudly. She starts to blush. The docter smiles.

'Well, I think I can let you go home', he says. I smile.

Finally! Now I can be a man, when Katniss is with me. I can't do anything here.

The doctor pulls away the devices that are on my body. I can sit better and I'm much more comfortable. The doctor also takes away my badage.

'But, Peeta, you still have to rest', he says. I nod light. He nods at me, gives me a hand and walks away. I look at Katniss.

'Ready to go home?' I ask. She shakes her head. 'I can't let you go back to that woman', she says. I sigh. 'Katniss... I', I start. But she interrupts me. 'No, Peeta, I'm serious. I'm your girlfriend now, and I have to take care of you', she says. I can't help but smile.

'What?' she asks. I smile even more. 'I just love hearing you say that', I say. She frowns. 'What do you mean?' I look into her eyes. 'That you're my girlfriend', I say. She starts to smile and she blushes.

She leans in and brushes my lips with hers. 'I'm your girlfriend, and I love it', she whispers. I smile. She places her lips onto mine.

Katniss P.O.V.

I walk home with Peeta, still trying to convince him that he has to do something about his mother. But he keeps saying that he can't do anything. At some point I stop trying, because I don't want to give him a headache.

'Maybe you can live at my house, my mother is too busy with her Plutarch and I know for sure that Prim will like you', I say. He looks at me. 'Just as much as you?' he asks joking. I shake my head. 'No, nobody likes you just as much as me', I say smiling.

'My mother will never allow me to live with you', he says. I sigh. 'You just have to grab some stuff and walk out the door', I say. He laughs. We are almost at the bakery. We stop walking. Peeta looks at me.

'I love you', he says, and he gives me a kiss on the cheek. 'So, you're not coming with me?' I ask. He chuckles and shakes his head. 'No, I think it's a bit early to move in together', he says joking. I roll my eyes. 'Peeta, I'm serious. This can't go any further', I say. 'Katniss, relax, I'll be okay', he says.

He kisses me for the last time, and then walks away. I sigh. I start walking towards my home, thinking about Peeta and his mother.

When I open the door of my house, I can hear Mathews voice.

What is he doing here?

'I'm home', I say. Not that anybody cares.
'Katnisss, come here please', I hear my mother say.
I walk into the livingroom and see my mother sitting on the couch with Mathew.
'Hello', he says. I force myself to smile at him. 'I'm going to my room', I say. My mother caress the empty place next to her and next to Mathew. I roll my eyes and walk up to her.

'As you know, this is Mathew', she says. I nod. He smiles and winks at me.

'I thought, maybe you can get to know eachother, because you left the last time so roughly', my mother says. I sigh to myself.

I'm so not in the mood for this.

My mother stands up and walks into the kitchen. Mathew sits a little bit closer to me.
'So, how old are you?' he asks. 'Seventeen', I say. 'I'm nineteen, so it's possible', he says. I roll my eyes.

Just leave, please.

'Are you in school?' he asks. I nod. 'Senior Year', I say. 'I can pick you up afterwards', he says. I look at him. 'Why would you do that?' I ask. He chuckles. 'Because we're gonna be together, remember?' he says.

I take a little bit distant between us.
'But I already have a boyfriend', I say. Mathews eyes widen and my mothers head comes around the corner.
'Do you?' she asks. I nod. 'Yes, I do. I'm sorry to ruin your plans, but I'm not gonna be a part of it', I say. I stand up and walk out of the room.

***********
Hello!
So, what did you think about this chapter? Let me know what you want to read!
Love, -xxx-