Chapter 15: Gales Home

Katniss P.O.V.

I walk home with Gale and say nothing. I already know why I have to do this. That bitch.

I have to live with Gale so that my mother can settle everything with Mathew without me being tough al the time.

We come closer to Gales house, and I can see Prim already. She waves at me and comes running to me.

'Katniss! Gales house is soooo pretty!' she yells. I chuckle a little. A walk up to her and hug her.

'Hey, little duck', I say. She smiles and giggles. She pulls me on my arm inside. She shows me al the rooms, and I laugh because I think that Gale should do that.

When I'm in my room, I see that Prim and I are sleeping together.

That's nice.

I see the bag on my bed that Prim probably brought with her. I starts taking my stuff out of the bag, placing it in my wardrobe or on a shelf in the room.

When I'm done, I think about Peeta. He probably didn't like it, hearing that I was going to live with another boy. Or he didn't care, like my mother said. No, he did care, but maybe just as a friend, and not as a girlfriend...
Ahhh I hate that insecurity!

I sigh. I sighed probably hard, because Prim is looking at me. She stands up and walks up to me. She sits next to me and stares at me.
'What?' I ask. 'That's my question to you', she says. I frown at her.
'What do you mean?' I ask. She sighs. 'What's up with you? I can see that there's something wrong', she says.

I sigh. 'How can my little sister be so grown-up?' I say. She smiles. 'Alright, come on, tell me', she says. I sigh again. 'It's Peeta. Mom said that he was using me', I say. She frowns. 'Why would he do that?' she asks. 'He's my boyfriend since two days, and mom tries to convince me that he's not good for me', I explain.

Prim is quiet for a minute, and then she says something that I'd never expect from her.
'I think that Peeta is your boyfriend because he likes you. You told me about him and for what I know so far, I don't think that Peeta is a player. I think he really loves you. And if you doubt him, than you should talk to him', she says. My eyes widen.

'You're right Prim, I'm gonna talk to him', I say. She smiles and hugs me. She's going downstairs to help Gales mom with dinner, and I take a hot shower.

Prim's right. My mom can say what she wants, but in the end, it's only Peeta that can tell me that he loves me or not.

I turn off the shower, brush my hair and go downstairs for dinner.

Peeta P.O.V.

I'm watching tv, while eating pizza and thinking about Katniss. I just can't get her out of my mind.

Should I call her? Or text her? Send an email? Or do nothing?

I sigh. I just wanted her to call me. That would be easier.

And just that moment my phone rings. The irony.

I pick up the phone.
'Hello, Peeta here.'
'Peeta? With Katniss', I hear. I smile when I hear her voice.
'What's up?' I ask. I try to be cool, but I think that she can hear that I missed her.
'I just eh... Wanted to talk to you', she says. She sounds weird, sort of... Scared.

'Everything alright?' I ask. It's quiet for a minute. I start to worry.
'Katniss?' I ask. She still doesn't say anything, but I hear a sound that sounds like she's crying.

'Katniss, what's wrong?' I ask, a little bit oppressive. She keeps crying, I can't hear this anymore.
'Katniss I'm coming to you', I say.
'No!' she yells. 'Then tell me what's wrong', I say.

'Can I come to you?' she asks quietly. I want to say yes, immediately, but then I remember that I'm not living home anymore.
'Eh... Yes, but', I start. 'No, let it go, you probably have other important things to do', Katniss says quickly.

'No! No, that's not it!' I try, but she already hang up. I sigh.

Good job, dude. Now she thinks you don't like her anymore.

I try to call her back, but she doesn't pick up.

I walk back to the couch and let myself fall. I'm such a mess. I have to talk to her tomorrow at school.

********
Poor Peeta... And poor Katniss. They really misunderstood eachother.
Let me know what you thought of this chapter and what you want to read next.
Love, -xxx-