Chapter 36

Scott's pov

I sat in that hospital room with Kirstie for nearly 4 hours before anything happened. The entire time that I was in there, I watched Mitch, every small movement that signified that he was still alive, even if it was just a single finger twitching, I saw it. But at around 4 o'clock, Mitch shifted his whole body so he was twisted in my direction. I looked at him and smiled. I lifted my arm and took his hand in mine when his eyes slowly fluttered open. He smiled at me and I started crying again. "Mitch.."

"Hi."

Tears were slowly rolling down my cheeks as I spoke, "Hey. How're you feeling."

"Not good."

"It's okay, do you need a nurse?"

"Not yet."

"Yet?"

"I just want you here." He looked over to Kirstie and smiled, "I guess she can stay too."

I let out a small laugh, how he can still be sassy when he's in this condition, I don't know. "I missed you."

"I didn't go anywhere."

"You know what I mean."

He scrunched up his face, like he was in pain. Seeing that look was the equivalent to throwing a spear through my heart. I stood up and spoke again, "I'm getting a nurse."

"No Scott."

"It's okay, Kirstie will keep you company. I will be back in two minutes Mitch, don't worry."

I kissed him on the cheek and walked out to get him a nurse.

Mitch's pov

Scott doesn't understand. I need every second I can get with him, I don't need a nurse. It's not like I can stop him though, not in this condition.

I looked over at Kirstie when Scott left and smiled at her. She was also crying, not hard, but she was still crying. She walked over and sat where Scott was sitting a few seconds ago.

"You're gonna be okay baby." She was always positive, seeing her doubtful was a rare occasion but I could see it in her eyes even when she put up a front like she was doing now.

"I don't know about that Kirst."

"What do you mean Mitchie? You're going to make it out of this."

"Kirstie," I took her hand and looked her in her watery eyes, "I love you. Know that, I love you so so much."

"Mitch stop it."

"I need you to make sure Scott is okay Kirstie. You need to watch him. I trust you."

"Mitchell."

"I love you Kirstie. I love all of you guys, Avi, Kevin, Jeremy, Alex, Jake, Scott, I love them all. You're the strongest person I know, you need to tell them all that I love them. And for heaven's sake, be there for Scott, he'll be there for you too. You can get through this together. But you know how he can get Kirstie and you cannot let him do this alone. Don't try to put up a front for him, be strong but he knows you're hurting too. Don't shut anyone out. I love you."

She was bawling and I was choking back my tears when Scott came back in with a nurse. Kirstie quickly wiped her tears and kissed me on the cheek before standing up so Scott could sit down.

"Scott, babe. I love you. I love you so much, you don't even know."

"Mitch what are you doing?"

"Listen to me. You are the light of my life, I love you so much. You are the most incredible person I know, you're kind, caring, funny, handsome, you're my favourite person, and you know that."