Chapter 34

Third person (narrator) pov

When the truck collided with the smaller vehicle, both boys instantly blacked out. The truck hit Mitch's side, which meant the impact caused a much worse effect on him. If it had hit Scott's side instead, the situation might be different, seeing as he was bigger and less frail.

It didn't take long for Scott to open his eyes again, but his vision was blurred and he didn't fully understand what was happening, but he knew one thing, the most important person in his life was hurt.

Scott's pov

I frantically opened my door and got out of the car and rushed to Mitch's side when I started to think a bit straighter. I found the strength within me to pry the badly damaged door open. There was blood. My goodness. There was a lot of blood. This isn't okay, Mitch is hurt and nobody is around here. I struggled with the seat belt but once it was off, I had no problem getting Mitch out of the car. His eyes were shut but he still had a pulse. I held onto the smaller boy and carried him to the side of the road, setting him down on my lap as I sat down. I did the one thing anyone would've done and called 911. I explained the situation but had a hard time figuring out where we were.

Once the call was ended and ambulances were on their way, I put down my phone and looked closer at the unconscious boy that I had in my arms. I couldn't help but cry, i tried my hardest to hold the tears back and be strong incase Mitch opened his eyes but seeing him like this hurt me. The entire right side of his head was covered in blood. The sight of it was enough to make me feel sick. I took off my shirt and used it to dab the blood away and get rid of pieces of glass from the smashed window. I then slowly and carefully removed Mitch's shirt to see what kind of damage had been done to his torso. My hands shook while I unbuttoned his shirt, scared of what I might see. Once I finally undid the final button and slid the shirt off of him, I examined the damage done to his fragile body. Down the entire right side of his body, there was deep cuts and bad bruises, I was afraid to touch any of them, I didn't want to injure him worse than how bad he was now. I used my shirt to wipe away the blood again. When I noticed his head was still bleeding, badly, I tore a few strips from the clean part of his shirt and tied them together and wrapped them around his head, in an attempt to stop the bleeding. I rocked him back and forth and whispered to him, thinking maybe if I keep talking, he would just wake up. I didn't even think about any damage on my body, I was too worried about Mitch.

I hated this. Mitch didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve any of this. I wish I could've taken his spot, and if I had the chance, I would. I would've jumped in front of him and taken the impact. I don't care how badly it would have hurt me, nothing would be more painful than seeing the love of my life like this. It wasn't fair. These thoughts rushed through my head as I sat at the side of the road, holding Mitch's limp body, waiting for the ambulance.

It felt like hours had passed waiting for help but in reality it had only been a few minutes before I heard the sirens and saw the flashing lights in the distance. I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes and stood on my wobbly legs so they could get Mitch quicker and get him proper medical attention. The vehicles stopped right by us and a bunch of paramedics rushed over to us. Two men took Mitch from me and brought him on a stretcher towards the vehicle. I ran beside them, not taking my eyes off of the small boy until he got into the ambulance and they shut the door. I watched them drive away until they were out of sight completely. I turned and walked towards the other paramedics. They tried to talk to me but I blocked out all sounds and all voices, I couldn't stop thinking about Mitch and imagining the worst possible situations. I just couldn't bare losing him, he's my love.

I think I'm still in shock. Most people by now would be screaming and bawling. But me, I'm sitting in the other ambulance, being rushed to the hospital not reacting to anything. Paramedics keep wiping blood from my body and doing medical stuff that I don't understand. But I'm just sitting here, staring at the wall, only moving when I'm told to do so. I'm in my own world, trying to figure out what the hell just happened. I don't remember much about the crash but the one thing that was vivid in my mind was the look of terror that was on Mitch's face before everything went black. I just don't believe anything that's happening. I'm going to wake up any second now and be home, cuddling with my boyfriend, because this is all a dream, it has to be.