Chapter 10

The car came to a halt as the car gave a last few lunges as it used the last fumes in the gas tank. I looked over at Jane who looked near crying of fear, i gave her a last reassuring smile,caressed her face and opened the door. As i stepped out and squinted through the dust cloud that followed my car i saw the shadowy figure approach me.

I told Jane to stay low and be ready with the gun, i looked back and saw the motorcycle come to a halt right in front of me,the rider was dressed in black leather and had the complete look of a biker who could intimidate you from just his look, it worked because i was very intimidated. The rider switched off the motorcycle and climbed off, showing their hands, and took of their helmet.

It was my old friend from before the shit hit the fan, i stood still awestruck, "v..v...victor is that really you?" I stammerd,
"Who else would it be you moron?" He smiled and placed his helmet on his bike, "Long time no see, where have you been man? Ive been looking for you for like ages" he walked closer and gave me a brotherly hug," you lost a lot of weight huh?" He said poking my stomach, "Knock that off man" i laughed as i slapped his hand away, he looked over to my car and smiled,"yeah that's Nico for you, when all else fails he always goes for the muscle cars" he laughs and shakes his head,he looks closer and sees Jane, "Look what we have here,not only the car but the girl too? My man is there nothing you cant do?" I laughed and showed Jane it was safe and she can get out, she ran to my side and hid behind me,grabbing my shirt.

After a few minuets of conversation and all the catching up we could Victor offered to get some fuel for my car, after giving him a few provisions and ammunition he drove off in the sunset, " Always the dramatic one" I said softly as i smiled

As i climbed back in the car closely followed by Jane,she looked at me,"so your real name is Nico?" She asked,"It seems so",i said as i grabbed a blanket for her from the back seat, she snuggled under it and closed her eyes softly repeating my real name.

I turned my attention to the empty quiet road,keeping watch over Jane, this really is a strange turn of events.