Chapter 9

I braught the car to a halt as i causiosly fingered the trigger of my 9mm pistol. I looked over at jane who seemed more terrified than i am. she grabed my hand that was on the gun and her sudden movement almost send a bullet through the dashboard. the knock onn the window scared the crap out of me and ii rolled it down slowly. "Is there a problem officer?" i said with a nervous laugh. The man stared back with a blank expression. " Your on our turf son, id suggest you turn back and go back before we turn you and your sweet ride into swis cheese" i looked at him and after a pregnant pause i replied. " Sure thing, we want no trouble" i put the car in reverse and punched the gas. "ohh fuck ohh fuck' i said as i pulled away from the man, leaving him in a huge dust cloud. " What was that all about?" i heard a small scared voice say next to me. "we have to get out of here before the dust settles, i have a feeling these guys are like preditors, they dont just ambush you they chace you down then kill you" I swung the carr around and started heading offroad,hearing the engine roar as i slipped her into first gear.... then second, as the car rattled from the uneven road. when we came a safe distance i started calming down, wyping the sweat from my brow i looked over to Jane, " You alright?" she looked at me and smiled "Im always fine knowing your here to keep me safe" i smiled and looked in the rear view mirror, a dark figure was approching, t was on a motorbike and gaining fast. i look down and see that my fuel tank was empty, i reaced back and gave jJane a gun, " if something happens to me i want you to shoot anything that moves ok?"