Vanished Into Thin Air: Chapter 7

AN: Ok you guys I felt like I was negeleting(I just killed that word. Hopefully you can fingure it out lol) my fans. My summer has just been like super bussy so as a reward for being so panicent, I am posting all my chapters of Vanished that I hvae typed up. WARNING: IS UNEDITED SO EXPECT MAJOR SPELLING ERRORS.

The Headline

I woke up and got ready. I put on my ‘Pour some sugar on me’ T-Shirt with my light blue jeans. When, I walked down stairs, I saw my parents running around like crazy people. Mom was finding things to put in a picnic basket that we had not used since the Fourth of July week end when we went to the lake with Jamie and her parents. Dad he was looking in closets for things like kites and other things that you see little five-year-old playing with in the front yard. I guess they finished because they raced out the door with out a ‘Good morning Sam, we are just doing something crazy so don’t mind us.’ I stood there wondering what they were doing then I heard a very recognizable voice came up from behind me.

“Wow. You’re parent’s should win the world’s greatest parents ever award. They inform you on everything.” David said the sarcasm showed in his voice.

“Ya, I know. What’s going on today anyway?” I turned around to see that David was ready for the public eye.

“It’s Localville kite day. Everyone gets the day off and they go and fly kites by the lake.” David said. I looked down at the two kites in his hands.

“So, I guess we are going?” I ask assuming with the two kites, that we where going.

“Yes, but first we are going to the library to and look up some stuff.” He grabbed by arm and led me out the door and down to the library. With my luck, he led me the way down the way that past in fount of the lake. Gina saw us; her jaw dropped probably thinking that we were going some where to make out or whatever. The worst of all, worst than Gina, was Tyler. David dragged me right in front of him. I tried to break his grip and go over there to talk to Tyler, but David would not let go of me. I stared at his broken down face. Tears filled his blue eyes, and his bottom lip began to quiver. I mouthed ‘I’ll explain later.’ to him but then a tear rolled down his cheek and he nodded. Final we made it to the library and David released my arm.

“Did you mean to do that!?” I yelled at him. Luckily, the librarian went to kite day, and everyone was gone or I might have been ‘Sh’ at.

“Do what? Drag you in front of your lover boy? Kinda. Why are you mad?” David said with a huge grin on his face.I felt as if steam would come out of my ears from how frustrated I was.

“Of course, I’m mad!” I yelled at him some more. “You meant to do that! Are you trying to make my life mislabel?!”

“No, I’m not.” David said coolly “The sooner we find something the sooner you can talk to him. Now come on.” I knew there was no point in arguing with him when I knew he was right.As David went to look up the date on the internet, I went to search though the newspaper clippings.They where extremely easy to find, in the back of the library there was a file cabinet, above it daggled a sign that said: Newspaper Clippings, on a very colorful paper that reflected the light like a glass triangular prism, cause all the thousands of bookshelves lined up neatly in the library to appear like they had new oak finish painted on them.I opened the slivery cabinet and thumb though the clippings looking for the right one. Despite it Localville small town, picture perfect area for raising a family, the headliners where not so bland as I though it would be, like ‘Covent escapes from jail and hides in Localville home’ or ‘Monkey brakes out of zoo and attracts Localville boy’.I continued to flip hoping that the article that we were looking for was not so old that they kept in secure area where they keep documents worth storing forever like the Nation Museum. I reached the back of the cabinet when I came across a headline that was labeled ‘Localville couple leaves for Africa’.I froze once I saw this article, knowing this was the article that David saw that caused him to become a ghost for God knows what reasons. I took it out with my hand shaking contently.