Vanished Into Thin Air: Chapter 6

Começar do início

“Nothing!” I exclaimed so loudly that both Tyler and David turned around to look at us. Then, after a few seconds of looking at me and mom returned back to homework. “Nothing Mom, they are both friends for now.Don’t worry about it, and I remember Dad’s promise that if they hurt me in anyway he would pepper their bumper from shots from his rifle.”

“That’s my girl. Ok, well I’ll be upstairs if you need me.” Mom dashed up stairs not looking back, and, hopefully, not coming down again.I made my way to couch, and sat right in the middle of it. Doing homework was just like the walk home….strange. Lot of silence and staring.Tyler scowling at David, who stare at me for a few milliseconds then when back to work. This time it was David who broke the awkwardness. He stood up and when upstairs to find my mom and start helping her tend the garden. I sucked at spelling and I was writing a summary of the book we read in reading. I was stuck on the word ‘choose’ I keep spelling it ‘chose’ and I knew it was wrong. Finally, I looked over at Tyler and looked as inanest as I could.

“Tyler, I can’t spell to save my life I only have to finish this sentence and then I will be done with my homework, but I’m afraid that there are tons of misspelled words in it. Can you help me?” I asked and that incented he moved to the middle of the couch with me and put his arm around my shoulders. After five minutes of fixing my mistakes we were both done with our homework. We grabbed our things and headed to the dinner.

“It’s called Localville Dinner.” Tyler informed me.

“Just like Localville High school, Localville general store, Localville church, Localville library.Did you guys make the map because everything in your town is named after the town’s name?” I asked trying to make a joke that Tyler got he laughed and soon we reached the dinner. The dinner’s floors where a grassy green color.The counter, the tables, and the dividers that separate the tables were made up of beautiful red wood. I gave the dinner a kinda earthly feel.I and Tyler pick a window sit. The night was perfect; you could see all the stars that shined like diamonds in the sun light, and the full moon created a slivery light that filled the whole town. The waitress came and we both order the same thing, a cheeseburger with no pickle, but with lettuce.

“So it a beautiful night isn’t it.” I said breaking the silences as we waited for our food to come.

“Ya,” Tyler replied. “Almost as beautiful as you.” I blushed unwilling and he started to laugh. “I love it when you blush. I look so nice against your pale skin.”I put my head down to embarrass to look at him. “Hey. I’m going to the bathroom. I’ll be back.” I nodded, and then he vanished off the bathroom. A few seconds past and our waitress came back. She set the food on the table in front of me and stared as if I had something on my face or something thing. Her long blond hair was pulled back into a pony-tail, freckles where splattered on her checks that looked natural rosy, her eyes where a pale blue that reminded me of ice.

“Hello. Do I know you from somewhere?” I asked as she remanded to stare at me.

“Oh, sorry. You’re Sam Colden right?” She asked her southern accent showed. I nodded and she started talking again. “I’m Kamie, but you can just call me Kam. I go to your school. So, I’ll see you around.” She disappeared behind the double doors that lead to the kitchen. As I turned my attrition back forward, Tyler was back in his sit.

“Well the news that we went out will be all over the school on Monday.” I laughed at his complete and then we ate in silence. Kinda like the first night that I was moved to Indiana with my parents’ staring at each other like they where just going to start making out right in front of me. We finished soon, so at least too awkward. He paid the tap as I stood outside then we walked aimlessly around the town. I stopped and lends against a tree that was located in the middle of the park. Tyler walked up to me and stands in front of me.