09; the past never remains buried.

Start from the beginning

"Flynn-"

"No, Karen, you barely known him. He's not who you think he is." Plus, it's kind of hard on me too.

"Alright, Flynn, chill out. I'll just wait until they've finished dance practice. I have to take them home." Ben explained. "I'm sorry."

I just crossed my arms over my chest and chewed on the inside of my cheek. It sounded that that apology wasn't just an apology for today, but instead, an apology for all the things he's done in the past. Whatever though. I just muttered a 'fine' and walked into the kitchen to make some tea.

Karen walked in as I switched the kettle on, a worried look was painting her features. "What's up?"

"I just don't understand why he has to be here when he doesn't even live that far away and he drives." I huffed, dropping a teabag into my mug.

I turned to face her, hoping she's say something, but there was nothing. The only sound around us was the incessant dance music and the sound of the electric kettle bubbling.

"Nothing."

"You just seem... Snappy." She said, dropping her empty mug into the sink. It was already piling up with a bunch of glasses and plates.

"I'm not trying to be. He's too young for you, anyway." I smirked a little at the crappy joke.

She just rolled her eyes and smiled. "Shut up, Flynn. Don't be a moron, and don't change the subject either."

"Subject?"

"You're not as calm as you used to be. You get fired up quickly."

"Probably a side effect of you know what." I waved off. I think I remember it being mentioned in that booklet that the doctor gave me.

I poured the boiled water into my mug and took some milk out, but I left it on the side so I could let the tea brew.

"We are going to talk more about this, and why you left last week without a word."

"Why do you care?" I cocked a brow.

"I was so worried, Flynn. You wouldn't pick your phone up, you wouldn't read your texts. In the end, your dad and I agreed on giving this Marcia girl a ring. Is she the girl you were in love with?"

I sighed and leaned against the counter. "Yes."

"I'm glad you got things resolved with her. You did resolve things, didn't you?"

"Kind of. We're friends now." Does falling asleep in each other's arms after confronting each other count as resolving? I don't think it does.

She just smiled and left, probably back to Ben so they could continue their mother's meeting.

I just poured some milk in my tea and made my way upstairs again to start a Netflix binge seeming as I had nothing else to do.

I saw the sun go down through my window and I my tea cup was now empty. How long passed? I was on the eighth episode when I started but now I'm on the twelfth... One and a half hours I'm guessing? Crap.