cabin ten

"here, press this against it." i offer ashton the ice pack in hand from the camp's nurse's freezer.

"thanks." he mumbles before wincing at the cold touch on his bruised thigh.

"no problem.." i sigh and take a seat in the empty, blue plastic chair lying in front of ashton.

we sit in an uncomfortable silence until ashton blurts out the next two words. "thank you." 

"for what?" i ask, looking up from my hands folded in between my knees.

"everything." ashton answers sincerely and runs a hand through his wild curls, with both elbows poised on his knees.

"i haven't done any-"

"yes. you have, maia."  ashton says in a serious tone and glances up at me with shimmering mixes of colors in his eyes. "you helped find my sister, ..you stood up for me in front of luke, ..and you're practically nursing me back to health until i can convince you that i really am feeling alright now." 

"you would've done the same for me, ashton. it's nothing. really." i insist, locking my gaze with his.

"you're extremely stubborn, you know that?" he leans back, crossing his arms over his chest and cracks a small smile.

"and proud of it." i smile back and lean my head back on the cemented wall pressed up against the chair, looking up at the ceiling.

"i'm guessing someone's had a long day today?" ashton inferred, not taking his stare away.

"is it obvious?" i sigh, sarcasm spilling out alongside my comment.

"maybe just a little.." he chuckles and opens his arms wide. "c'mere."

"but what if i hurt you?" i ask, afraid of doing more damage than i already have today.

"maia. you won't, i promise." ashton laughs, making me feel woozy inside.

"fine, but only for a bit.. and no wandering hands, irwin." i say and point my finger at him warningly crawling onto the leather doctor's bed, next to ashton with my knees curled up to my chest. he rolls his eyes and raises his eyebrows at me. 

"what?" i say. 

"i don't have cooties, maia." ashton scolds playfully. 

"i didn't say you did." i reply before he catches me off guard and scoots me over to his side, wrapping his strong arms around body. after a few minutes of trying to calm my heartbeat down and failing miserably, i give up and can't help but say what's on my mind next.

"i don't get it, ashton." i huff with a slight frown, and lean my head tentatively on top his shoulder. 

"what?" he questions back, with concern evident in his voice, and looks at my face. 

"why do you waste your time, trying to be nice ..to someone like me?" i whisper, and turn to face him, his nose nearly brushing mine.

"i could ask you the same." ashton breathes against my lips as i lean in, unable to control my movements at this point. 

his soft lips immediately connect to mine as i rest my hand on the nape of his neck and feel his grip tighten against my waist, pulling me closer to him. seconds later, we both pull away as the obnoxiously loud clang of a door, outside our closed one, makes us both jump in fright. 

the taste of cinnamon sugar and mint lingers on my mouth as i run my pointer finger along my lower lip. 

"are you.. okay?" ashton asks as we both sit with flushed cheeks and uncontainable shock . 

"y-yeah," i stutter and clear my throat. "i mean yeah, i'm fine.... are- are you okay?"

"actually," ashton starts with a growing smile and weaves his long fingers through mine. "i don't think i've ever been better."

i blush crazily when i take sight at our hands and sense a smile playing at my lips.

"same here." i agree and let out an airy laugh.

i have three letters for this.

w o w.

++++

"olivia! troye! c'mon we have to go now." ashton and i call out to our separate siblings.

"coming!" they both answer before grabbing their crafts they made at the toddlers activity center and rushing over to hug us both.

"wook at what owivia and i mwade for you gwuys!!" troye gleams and hands ashton the blue and red bracelet similar to troye's as olivia gives me a green and yellow one that matches hers.

"that's so cool troye, i'll wear it everyday! i love it!! thank you.!" ashton says, rolling it onto his wrist with a toothy grin and fist bumps troye. 

troye jumps up and down in excitement as i crouch down to olivia's small level and give her a bear hug. 

"i love it olivia! its beautiful, just like you." i smile and poke her nose before taking her small hand in mine as ashton scoops up troye, and places him on his shoulders. 

i remember luke holding troye with the same smile like ashton just a few hours ago.. 

forget about him, maia. it's over now. i tell myself and quickly change my facial expression. 

olivia flashes me a wide grin identical to her brothers, and holds my hand tighter as we follow behind ashton and troye. ashton looks behind to see how olivia and i were holding up. 

he chuckles at the sight of his content little sister before throwing a genuine smile my way. 

i felt a bubble of joy inside as i took in the sight of all four of us together.

so this was what being happy felt like.

ADORABLE OVERLOADDDDD. oml, i ship and pack mashton like its no one's business ;D (both the real mashton and this story's <3) AND LETS TALK ABOUT THAT KISS THOUGH!!?? Ö ;) like dayum, point ashton lol. sooooo how did you like this chapter?? good? bad? iffy? please make sure to leave your thoughts in the comment box down below and vote asapppp! okay, i love you guys so so so so much!! and i'll see all you amazayn people... NEXT SATURDAY! :D peace outt! -sierra xx