cabin nine

"hi.."

"hey.."

"hola." michael butted in with a devilish smirk.

calum rolled his eyes at him before hoisting up troye steadily in his arms.

"what are you doing here?" ashton and i both asked simultaneously, before blushing profusely.

"you go first," we said similar to our previous statement and smiled.

"no you-" 

"i'll go first." luke interrupted suddenly with an annoyed expression.

"how do you two even know each other?" luke asked, with crossed arms, not even taking a second glance at me behind him as luke stepped in front, blocking ashton's view.

"its a small camp, lucas. it wasn't like we weren't going to not run into each other sooner or later." ashton said defensively and crossed his arms across his chest as well. 

"how do you know maia?" ashton retorted and raised his eyebrows expectantly. 

my stomach did flips as ashton said my name. this is not the time, maia.

"olivia introduced us, as a matter of fact." luke stated. did ashton even know who she was?

".. wait ..you're the girl who found my sister?" ashton asked me in an utterly puzzled tone, pushing past luke slightly to look at me face to face. 

olivia is ashton's sister

he was the boy with the curly hair and dimples.. 

ashton was olivia's brother.

but before i got the chance to answer ashton, luke tightened his jaw furiously and stood in front of ashton once again.

"yes, she is. and did you ever thank her for it? no, probably not. and you wanna know why?" luke spat raising his voice. "because you're too damn selfish to even CARE ABOUT WHAT OTHERS DO FOR YOU ANYMORE IRWIN!" he yelled and pushed ashton back violently causing him to stumble upon the muddy forest ground, but ashton didn't even dare to fight back or even look luke in the eyes. 

"luke sto-"

"what are you even doing here anyways, ashton? hm? want to hurt more people than you already have?" luke sneered cruelly at a clearly offended ashton. 

"I SAID STOP LUKE." i shouted and wrapped my hand around his wrist tightly in attempt to have him listen to me.

everyone grew silent as luke stared at his feet with heavy breaths and unclenched his fists as my hand touched his. 

i slowly emerged from behind luke, letting go of his wrist and stood protectively in front of a speechless ashton. 

"..what is wrong with you?" i say barely above a whisper, taken away by his actions. 

"i d-didn't mean-"

"you didn't mean to what luke?" i snap and narrow my eyes at him. "you didn't mean to just yell and shove ashton because you wanted to?!" 

"maia i-"

"this was low, luke... even for you." i shake my head disgustedly, tears falling down my face as he looked up at me with guilt-ridden eyes at the last part. 

i walk over to calum who passes me an extremely quiet troye, with an apologetic look, as i whisper a hardly audible 'thanks' to him, and go back over to ashton; not daring to even glance at luke one last time.

"here," i say reaching a free arm out to ashton that wasn't holding my brother, my back turned to a stiff luke. 

he grabs onto it and gives me a weak smile before i pull him up alongside me.

"let's go get you cleaned up." i faintly smile back, and hold ashton's hand in mine as we walk away.

away from it all.

CAN ANYONE SAY D R A M A ??! geez luke, like we all know you're hot as fleece in the summertime when you get all defensive but i mean physically hurting my baBES?! :(( but the real question is... how did you guys like it???? was this chapter awful? was it eh? was it extraordinaharry?? i needss to know! :D oml, i did this "polar plunge" family tradition thing yesterday at my aunts house and its basically where you just jump into a freezing cold swimming pool on new years day, but we had this competition on who could stay in the longest and both my cousin and i tied at like ELEVEN MINUTES! wHAT?! and this water is legit colder than the coldest bath water for sure. it was nearly around below 55 degrees (at least thats what my uncle said lol) but it was fffffreezing. thought i was gonna die of hypothermia and have my eyeballs roll out but no. i survived. i'm alive. or at least alive enough to write this chapter.? lol so make sure to vote and comment as usual and also tell me how your new years day was down below as well!! okay love you guys so super amazingly incredibly MUCHHHH! see ya sunday! :) peace outt! -sierra xx