A New Objective (33)

The weapons were procured in a shorter time than Zelda had even hoped. Lots of ammo; lots of weapons. The Sheikah could be very organized if they wanted to be. 

Zelda checked the walls again and then took one more gun in her arms. She walked through the portal and then appeared in a full store room. Gun after gun lined the walls and ammunition was piled neatly in corners.

She flicked her wrist and the portal vanished instantly. There were cheers from the council room. "You did it splendidly your grace!" and "Good job!" came from all sides. Zelda smiled as she took it in, but then she straightened up and raised her voice. "Yes, it was a good job. However, we have a problem."

_-_-_

The council was gathered around the table once more, Zelda at the head, Link standing beside her.

"When Link and I first arrived inside the armory everything seemed fine, but then we realized that some guns had been taken recently. A lot of them."

"Then Maldus showed up," Link interceded.

She glanced at him and then nodded. "Yeah, but he only took a few guns. The problem is what he said."

"What did he say?" Adiya asked.

"That they were going to use the guns to show the Gorons what they're dealing with... Which to me says that he knows where the Gorons are and that he might be trying to recruit them."

"Or force them to serve the darkness."

"And where did those guns go?"

Zelda shook her head. "I don't know. They didn't say anything about that."

"Maldus couldn't be giving weapons to monsters could he?"

"I doubt the monsters could use modern weaponry... not with any accuracy anyways."

"This is starting to become a modern war," Link said.

"Unfortunately it may be."

"What can we do?"

"I have to get the races with us. If they turn to helping Maldus... No. I can't let that happen. I have to find and talk with the leaders of their races."

"So soon, Zelda?" Aamina asked.

"I can't just sit around and wait for Maldus to realize why we stole from the armory," Zelda replied. "I have to talk to the other races. It's our only chance."

Aamina focused her gaze on her hands and then dipped her head. "...Very well, I will get you what you need."

_-*-_

"Zelda you're serious about this?" Link asked her. "Are you sure this is the way it has to go?"

"Of course," she said as she turned around to face him. "This is me having confidence." She sat down to stop herself from pacing. "We have to get them on our side Link. I have to try."

"But we don't even know where they are."

"I'm working on it."

Zelda said as she turned back to study the maps. She had been spending days with them, trying to memorize every location she could. Forming plans, discarding them. She had to find a way. She would find the way.

~*~

 "Zel wait," Link said as he caught her hand and held it tight. "You're doing this wrong."

"How so?"

"You've spent three days in this room."

"Well it's important," she replied as she bit her lip. "What's this about Link? You wouldn't interrupt unless it was important."