Chapter twenty five

The next day I woke up with Caleb not in bed next to me. I checked the time on my phone it's around 12?! Wow I slept in late. Calebs practice started at 10. His game is at 6 tonight. There is also a game tomorrow. I got his jersey to wear. I decided to text Brennan first "good morning 😘" then got up and took a shower. After I was done in the bathroom I changed into leggings and Calebs jersey. It says his name on the back with number 7 on it and it's red. I then put my black converse on and did my makeup. Then straightened my hair and curled the ends. I grabbed my perfume that Paige got me for Christmas and put that on. I grabbed my phone and took a selfie then posted it on Instagram. "Kinda feeling cute today" 😚 I said then posted it.

Brennan texted me back right away

Brennan😘 - "Good morning beautiful" he said I couldn't help it but smile.

Me- "How are you?"

Brennan- 😘 "pretty good, I'm excited to see you later" he said I smiled again. Gosh can this boy stop?

Me- me too :)

Brennan😘 - 😘

Me- 😘

After about 45 minutes miss Katie took me to Brennan's. Katie was the one who got the door. "Hey come in" she said I walked in seeing Brennan and Ryan on the couch. "Hey" I said Brennan came up to me and hugged me but failed and tackled me to the ground. "Ow" I said "sorry" he said looking at me. We both smiled and stared at each other. He sneaked a kiss on my cheek and got off fast as lightning.

"Okay then ummm so what do you want to do?" Katie asked I thought for a minute. "How about...we go outside" Brennan said I looked at him and laughed. Brennan grabbed my hand and lead me outside. I saw that there was Christmas lights still hung up and a tree in the corner with a blanket. He lead me too it. We both sat down next to each other. "This is nice" I said he smiled at me. God his smile. It makes you want to just jump up and down and say everything you love about Brennan.

"I have a secret" he said "what?" He asked "I've had a crush on you since I first met you, I never stopped thinking about you..and I think I'm in love with you" he said my heart dropped. I grabbed his hand and rested my head on his shoulder not knowing what to say next. All of a sudden my phone went off. Buzz buzz buzz buzz. "Hello?" I asked "Ashlyn?" I heard Billy say "yeah?" I asked "what's wrong is everything okay?" I asked scared. "Caleb is hurt" he said my mouth dropped open. "What?!" I yelled standing up Brennan stood up with me. "Yeah, he wanted me to call you" he said "oh okay" I said "we're going to the ER now, are you at Brennan's?" he asked

"Yeah, I am do you want me to come to the ER?" I asked "if you want you don't have to, we're leaving right now and will be back in 20 minutes" he said "I'll wait i guess" I said "okay I'll tell Caleb" he said "okay" I said we hung up and that's when I felt guilty right away. I sighed as we were walking back into the house. "What's wrong? Is Caleb okay?" Brennan asked "what happened?" Katie asked as we were back inside. "Calebs hurt I don't know what else happened but they are going to the ER and then coming home" I said nervously with a sigh. I sat down with my hand on my head worried and guilty. "Hey everything's going to be okay" Brennan said hugging me from behind. I smiled with a fake smile.

Brennan rubbed my shoulder with his thumb to comfort me. we waited for results on Caleb..nothing..ten minutes later still nothing. An hour later finally someone called. I picked up the phone right away. "Ashlyn? we are on our way home now" miss Katie said "how is Caleb?" I asked squeezing Brennan's hand harder then before. "He's okay, he's just upset that he's not playing in the game tomorrow" she said I slapped my hand against my forehead "shit" I said completely forgetting about his games tonight and tomorrow. "I feel so bad I don't know why I feel so guilty" I said into the phone. "Don't it's okay he will forget about it sooner or later" she said I sighed "I guess" I said