Chapter twenty three

I haven't been talking with Brennan all night he's been hanging out with his brothers. "Hey" he said finally coming up to me. "Hey Brennan" I said smiling as I got a cookie from the table. "You okay?" He asked "yeah I'm fine why?" "You have been acting very weird and quiet lately he said

"Oh it's nothing" I said "oh okay" he said he grabbed my hand and dragged me outside. "Why are we outside?" I asked he brought me under a tree and still had a grip on my hands. He was staring right at me "Ashlyn...I have something to tell you" he said with a sigh and hesitation. I looked at him confused and nervous but nervous and confused don't cover all of my emotions there going everywhere right now. "Yeah?" I asked "I...

"You what?" I asked getting nervous. "I like you, a lot" he said my eyes went wide. My hands started to shake. "Ummm Brennan I like you too but I'm with Caleb" I said he sighed and looked down. "I know I know and I'm stupid for doing this" he said "your not stupid" I said "Brennan! Ashlyn! Come in its time to leave" miss Katie said "I think that's my cue" Brennan said "yeah" I said sighing as Brennan was about to go inside I was about to say something "Wait Brennan?" I asked he turned around "yeah?" He asked I walked towards him put my hand against his cheek and kissed it. He smiled. "Best friends?" He asked "best friends" I said as we pinkie swore. We went back inside and everyone left.

As I was sitting down on the couch Annie joined even though it was about 2am. "Hey" she said "hey" I said "you okay?" She asked I nodded "Brennan likes me" I said Annie's mouth dropped open. "I knew it" she said I looked at her confused. "He always talks about you" she said I smile. "He told me he likes me before he left and I kissed him on the cheek just to be nice but I also think he's cute to ugh I don't know!" I said "girl the right guy will come" Annie said "hey, I already have the right guy" I said Annie smiled "well I'm going to bed" she said "night" "goodnight" I said and she went to bed. I went to bed too. I changed and did all my bathroom stuff then got into bed. Caleb was already sleeping.

I got in the bed and kissed Calebs cheek. I saw him smile a bit then I wrapped my arms around him and fell asleep right away.

************************************

"MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!" I heard voices say. I opened my eyes then rubbed them. I stretched and realized Annie, Haley, Billy and Miss Katie were in the room. "Good morning!" Katie said Caleb stretched then plopped himself back and under the covers. I got up and hugged everyone then Billy put his finger to his lip and said "ssshhh" we all laughed silently as Billy plopped into Caleb. Caleb groaned and lifted the covers back up and rubbed his eyes. "Stop" he said "oh come on" Billy said "okay I'm up!" Caleb said laying back on the bed. Everyone left the room and I went into the bathroom and got ready and changed into a dress and combat boots. When I was done Caleb was done.

"Hey babe" he said kissing me. I put my arms around his neck. "Merry Christmas Eve" I said kissing his cheek. he smiled. "What time are we going over to Katie's?" Caleb asked "ummm around 5 I think" Caleb nodded. till then Caleb and I hung out and watched a Christmas movie. "Someone hasn't been coughing that much" I said looking up at him as we were cuddling on his bed. "Nope I feel better" he said I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder as I felt his head lay on top of mine.

I woke up wondering why I'm on Calebs lap. I looked up at Caleb seeing him passed out. I checked the time on his phone and it was 4. I got up kissed Caleb and went into the other room. "Hey" Annie said "hey" I said "where'd Caleb?" She asked "sleeping" I said Annie nodded "what time are we leaving?" I asked "in an hour" she said "okay" I said and sat down on the couch next to her. "Hey want to jump on the trampoline?" She asked I shrugged "sure" I said we got up and went outside with out sweatshirts on. "Okay your turn" she said "I'll do this" I said jumping then flipping into the air and landed on my back. "Nice" she said doing a cart wheel. I did mine but I failed. "You do that so much better than me" I said she rolled her eyes "nah girl" she said

"Annie, Ashlyn! Come in its time to leave!" Miss Katie said "wow that went by fast" I said we got off the trampoline and headed over to Katie's. Keep in mind Brennan is her brother. As we all drove to the house Nat and Alex met us there also my parents. We all hung out and played games like usual. Paige was late coming but it's always nice to see her. "Hey Ashlyn" Brennan said "hey" I said as he came to sit with me on the couch. "you look nice" he said I smiled "thank you, you do too" I said and he smiled. "Come here" he said getting up and I followed him. We went to his room and he went to his desk and got a box. "What's this?" I asked opening it. "Awwww Brennan" I said looking at the necklace. "Do you like it?" He asked I shook my head yes. "Yes I do" I said trying to put it on me but Brennan took it instead and put it on me.

I looked at him. "Ummm we should get back to the party" I said "y-yeah" he said with a whisper.

"Hey we're have you guys been?" Katie asked as we headed into the basement meeting everyone of the kids down there. "Oh umm miss Katie needed us to do something" I said "hey Ashlyn come here!" Haley said I went over to her. "What?" I asked "help me?" She asked I helped her with a back handspring and she landed it perfectly! "Wow good job!" I said "thanks I have been practicing" she said I smiled.

"Okay everyone movie time!" Billy said coming down the stairs. We all got blankets and pillows and sat next to each other. I sat in the middle of Caleb and Brennan like usual. We all watched the polar express that is my favorite Christmas movie ever.

After the movie we all went back upstairs toe at dinner. Then played games and the time was about 10 when Annie started to not feel good. We left at around 10:45 and got home five minutes later.

"Let's go to bed so Santa can come!" Miss Katie said "okay!" Haley said she went to bed then Annie went to bed. My dad left and so did my mom because now she's staying at the hotel with my dad. Nat and Alex stayed till about 12:30. I let Caleb go to bed. I sat and talked with Nat and Alex for a while. Then I laid on Nats lap and started to fall asleep. While Alex was telling Nat something he looked at me and then Nat looked at me and smiled. "Tired?" Nat asked I nodded "but I don't want to move" I said Nat smiled.

"How about we stay here for an hour then you can go to bed" Nat said I nodded and cuddled up in Nats lap and fell asleep. "Goodnight" I said as Alex put a blanket over me. "Goodnight" Nat said as he put his arms around me like he's protecting me. After five minutes I felt his breathing get slower and slower.

I woke up with a sound of bells. "H-hello?" I asked then they stopped but I heard footsteps and turned my face to Nats stomach so I wouldn't see anything. I peeked over and saw a shadow my eyes went wide and I rubbed them so I can see better. "J-Jess?" I asked "hi" it said then disappeared I cuddled up into a ball and cried. I was shaking so much. "Hey hey what's wrong?" Nat asked "I-I saw Jessica" I said whipping my eyes. Nat moved a piece of hair behind my ear. "You what?" He asked as he whipped my eyes. "I saw Jessica my best friend" I said below a whisper. "Where?" Nat asked I hit him lightly. "Ow" he said "sorry but I swear I saw her" I said "okay okay I believe you" he said "you do?" I asked and he nodded. "You should go to bed" Nat said I sighed. "Okay" I said getting up.

"Hey guess what" Nat said "what?" I asked "at the end of the month the day before we go back to the airport you get to stay in the hotel room with me and Alex and we can wake up and go right home" he said I smiled and nodded before I walked into Calebs room. I backed up real fast because I saw a bracelet on my bed. I didn't even put that there. I picked it up and my mouth dropped open. It's Jessica's. "Jess?" I asked looking at it. I then felt a cold chill down my spine. I put the bracelet on and got changed into pajamas and got into bed.