Chapter 36

Jane’s POV:

“Hahaha, you think it’s going to be that easy. First, we talk a little about ourselves…” he chuckled and the heartless, cold tone he used sent chills down my spine. “So let’s start with little miss ‘I try to save the day’ here! What’s your name?"

"Hannah Stern…" I whispered and immediately I knew it was a good call, because he believed me.

"Well, Hannah, you’ll be lucky if you get out of here alive!" I faintly heard sirens and saw police lights blinking trough the windows and I closed my eyes, bracing myself for death. Then it came to me, a way to save everyone else.

"Sir, I-I know your pretty busy at the moment, but do you think you could do me a super small favor?"

"What?!"

"Could you let everyone else go, and I promise I won’t try anything?" I suggested nervously and I could tell he was contemplating it.

"You can pick five people to leave, but you can’t struggle." he said demandingly and I pointed to the three crying children and their moms. They looked at me gratefully and rushed out the door. I closed my eyes and started to try and understand his feelings right now, I knew he was nervous and obviously couldn’t get his thoughts sorted out, so I thought I might as well try to use this against him.

"Um, can I at least know your name?"

"Call me…. Franklin."

"Franklin, do you believe in love?" I asked softly and he tensed at the word. “I’m not just talking about love as in boy falls in love with a girl or vis versa, I am talking about love in general."

"I-I guess." he said softly and I could feel his grip loosen a little.

"Well I bet every single person in this room has family worrying about what’s happening right now. They love them with all their hearts. Who loves you with all of there heart?"

"No one." he said coldly before moving the gun from my head and pushing me to the ground. “And I don’t need a bitch like you to remind me!" he screamed before sending a bullet through my bicep.

Liam’s POV:

The boys and I were on our lunch break when my phone rang. It was Jane.

"Hey!" I smiled into the phone, but I just faintly heard yelling on the other end. I told the other boys to shut up as I put it on speaker.

"Please…" Jane whispered and my heart broke from how scared she sounded.

"Who are you texting?!" a man screamed on the other end.

"M-My boyfriend." Jane said softly, and it was muffled, so I could tell she had hid her phone under something.

"You look familiar, huh? Where do I know you from?" the man asked, but no one responded. “I said, where do I know you from?!"

"I don’t know." Jane whimpered and let out a ear-piercing scream. My eyes filled with tears. She was in trouble. The boys all exchanged looks and Harry called the police.

“If ANYONE tries to contact the police or call for help, I will shoot everyone through the brain, starting with this pretty girl. Understood?!” I could hear Jane whimper and I handed Zayn my phone, not being able to handle the situation that was playing out. I hid my face in my hands and continued to listen.

“What can we do for you to let her go?” some woman asked. 

“Hahaha, you think it’s going to be that easy. First, we talk a little about ourselves…” I sort of zoned out and tried to think of ways to help. By now all of the managers and important people were arranging for us to go back home early. I was snapped back into reality when we heard a gunshot and Jane screamed. The tears spilled out of my eyes and I completely broke down. Jane is gone.

Jane’s POV:

The shock on his face after he shot me made me even more angry. My whole arm was numb, yet hurt like crazy. The clerk pulled a first aid kit out of her desk and ran to my side, not even looking at ‘Franklin’ for approval. A business man tore off his shirt and tossed it to the lady. She wrapped it around my arm and put a godly amount of pressure on it. I screamed out in pain and she used her free hand to move my head to her lap and brushed so hair out of my eyes.

"Sweetie, your gonna be okay. Everything’s alright, just focus on me, alright?" I nodded and used my left hand to wipe some tears out of my eyes to I could see her better. She helped me stand up and lead me behind her desk so I could sit up. “Honey, what’s your real name?"

"J-Jane." I whispered, since if I talked any louder, I would end up screaming in pain.

"How old are you?"

"18…"

"Oh god." she said with tears in her eyes and that caused her to put more pressure on my arm. A man came from the back of the bank and whispered something to the lady, then she said something back, and he walked away. He came back with my stuff in his hands and placed it beside me.

I pulled my phone out and it said I had a call in process. With Liam. I raised it to my ear and spoke into it.

"L-Liam?"