Chapter 30

I lightly ran my fingers over the beautiful necklace Liam had given to me for Christmas, (http://www.polyvore.com/janes_christmas_present_from_liam/set?id=53260551), and smiled sadly to myself.

We were on our way to the airport, and when I say we, I mean me, Liam, Harry, Louis, Zayn, and Niall.

Last night, I performed for the last time as One Direction’s opening act and was surprised by bouquets of flowers by the boys, and they sang ‘One Thing’ to me. I smiled at the memory and laid my head against the tinted window.

Everyone was in a sort of crummy mood since I was leaving, but they were all trying to hide it. I looked over my outfit, (http://www.polyvore.com/leavin/set?id=53313796), one last time before jumping out of the car and into the airport. Harry and Zayn helped me carry my luggage while Liam, Louis, and Niall helped navigate through the huge crowd of upset fans. We made it through the doors and I turned in my luggage before getting through security in record time.

I had about ten minutes before I boarded the plane, so I started my goodbyes. I went up to Niall first and pulled him into a huge hug.

"Take care of yourself. We will miss you." he whispered into my ear and my eyes filled with tears. I pulled away and nodded before moving on to Zayn.

"We’ll miss you, babe." he said softly.

"I’ll miss you, too." I whispered as a tear slipped from my eye. I went up to Louis and he picked me up and spun me around. I smiled and he wiped one of my tears before I moved to Harry.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked sadly and I pulled him into a hug, nodding.

"I think it will be good for all of us." I said quietly and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. “Love you, I’ll text you when I get home." I whispered and he nodded. I turned to Liam and all the boys took that as their Que.

He opened his arms and I slowly walked into them. I let my tears out while my face was hidden, since there were fans with cameras and paparazzi everywhere. He gently rubbed my back and I could tell by the look in his eye and the way he was breathing that he was trying not to cry.

"I don’t want you to wait for me," I stated softly and I could feel him tense up. “We both know you deserve a girl who is willing to stay with you no matter what." I said through tears and he held me tighter.

He didn’t say anything in response, he just held me until my flight was announced over the loud speakers. “I love you." he whispered and I looked up at him.

"I love yo-" was all I got out before his lips met mine. I could hear all the flashes of the cameras around us and the gasps from the boys. We pulled away and I rested my forehead on his before slowly backing away and walking toward my gate.

I turned around one last time and waved to all the boys before taking a deep breath and making my way to the plane.

I handed the lady my ticket and stepped onto the platform. My seat was in first-class so I found it right away. There weren’t many people on the flight since it was so early, so I ended up with a whole row to myself. I lazily pulled out my iPod and set it on shuffle. The plane took off and I pulled up twitter. I haven’t been on since Niall made me get an account back at the beginning of the tour.

I was surprised to find I had over 200,000 followers, and had been tweeted even more. Pretty much all of them were telling me how horrible I was for ditching the boys. I sighed and tweeted, ‘Love all you too, Directioners :/ #drippingwithsarcasm’.

——————————————————————————————-

I stepped off the plane and was greeted by thousands of fans and paparazzi. My dad had made sure I had a personal bodyguard for the first couple weeks of me being home, and his name was Joel. He had a firm grip on my arm as we made our way through the crowd and to the car. It was weird to think all these people either wanted my autograph or just wanted to tell me off. Either way, they are here for me.

It was weird sitting alone in the back of the car, no one to joke around with, no ones shoulder to lay my head on, absolutely no one. We drove around for a little bit to lose the extreme fans and paparazzi before turning down a firmiliar street.

My beautiful house came into sight and I sighed, taking in the mixed emotions of being back. Joel opened my door for me and I stepped out, only to be greeted by my dad. He pulled me onto his arms, expecting me to hug back.

"Jane, are you still angry?" he asked as he let go of me.

I just looked him in the eye before grabbing two of my suitcases and gesturing for Joel to follow with the others. I dragged them up the steps and dropped them on the floor. Joel did the same and locked the door before he left, which I mentally told myself to thank him later.

I took a look around the firmiliar yet foreign room that I knew so well. It was the same as how I left it five months ago, but something felt completely different. I shuffled around the room trying to figure out what felt so out of place, then it hit me.

Me.

I am not myself. I left as boring old  Jane Simmons, but came back as a different person. I flopped onto the bed and grabbed my phone. I pulled up Harry’s number and sent him a quick text.

Made it home, feels like I don’t belong here :/ xx

I closed my eyes and felt my phone vibrate. Harry had texted me back.

Liam is all depressed now, so are the rest of us. Call me! We want to hear your voice! xx

I hit talk and it rang once before Harry answered, “Janie!"

"Hey." I said softly and I heard them fighting over the phone. “GUYS!" I yelled and I guess Louis had won because he answered me.

"Yes, love?"

"Just put it on speaker!" I giggled and I heard a bunch of duh.

"Hello!" four voices chorused and I giggled.

"Hold on, your missing a part! Whose MIAing?"

"Liam, he is moping around. The atmosphere has changed since you left, Janie."

"Yea, we need Mommy Jane back!" I sighed and felt tears burning in the back of my eyes.

"I’m sorry." I said simply before hanging up and cuddling into a ball next to the window.

I looked up at the sun, which was already going down, due to the time difference. I picked up my guitar and started strumming, not knowing that me just playing around on my guitar was going to be the next world hit….