Chapter 17

The next week flew by. It was full of nerves and excitement for the talk show and now that it was finally here, I was a nervous wreak. I showered and curled my hair then clipped it back. I slipped on the outfit I had been trying to decide on for four days and checked myself in the mirror. Perfect, (http://www.polyvore.com/old_school_love/set?id=51897184). I brushed my teeth and put on my favorite Chapstick before heading down to the lobby.

All the boys looked snazzy and they all smiled at me as I walked up to them.

"Ready?" I asked and they all nodded and followed me out to the car. When we pulled up to the Grace Kinlin Show sound stage, I saw loads of teenaged girls and boys standing outside the building, wait to get in. “Um, why are there so many teenaged boys?"

"There here to see you. Haven’t you been on the Internet lately?"

"Oh my god! I haven’t!" I smiled and starred out the window.  Harry stepped out of the car and a bunch of girls screamed. The rest of the boys followed until it came to me. Louis reached his hand out to help me out and I gratefully took it. When I stepped out, every single person pushed up against the fence that blocked them from us, cheering and screaming my name. I smiled softly and followed them inside. Immediately, I was led to a dressing room. I set my bag on a couch and the boys walked in.

"Does anyone have any food? I gonna die!" Niall groaned and I giggled before tossing a random breakfast bar I found in my bag to him. He looked at me like I just saved his life and pulled me into a hug. “I love you!" he screamed and ate the bar.

"Jane Simmons? Your needed backstage, you’ll be on in ten minutes." I took a deep breath and Harry rubbed my shoulder.

"You’ll do brilliantly. Just be yourself and don’t say anything dumb." he said calmingly and I gave him a hug before following the crew member. I was told to wait until she announced my name to walk out, and until then just stand backstage. The ten minutes passed like it was only one minute. My palms were sweating I couldn’t stand still.

"Okay, so our first guest tonight is a huge star all over the world, even before she showed her singing talent. Here she is, Jane Simmons!" I took a deep breath and started to walk onto the set. I grinned and saw the crowd cheering wildly and I made my way toward Grace. I gave her a quick hug before sitting down on the chair across from her. It took her two minutes to calm the crowd down before she could finally talk. “Wow, it’s amazing how popular you’ve gotten in three weeks!" 

I nodded in agreement, “Yea, it’s shocking!" I giggled.

"Now, we all know you are One Direction’s opening act for their World Tour, can you give us any secrets from the performances, from either yours or the boys?"

"Well, there is this rumor that I will get silly-stringed sometime during the tour, but that’s all I got." I giggled and the whole audience laughed.

"Well, speaking of rumors, there have been a lot floating around lately, have you seen them?"

"Um, not really."

"Well, apparently they saw you and Taylor on a date, then later that night, you were seen crying outside your hotel. What was that about?"

"I just had a hard day that day, and I ended up sick the next day." I said nervously, avoiding the actual question.

"Yea, you lost your voice, for what, a week?"

"Yes, it was a week full of charades." 

"Alright, well I’m going to completely change the subject to something that happened this morning. I don’t know if you knew this, but you have officially been classified as a fashion icon in America!" 

My jaw dropped and they started showing a bunch of picture of my outfits from the past month. I bet I had the biggest grin on my face, I don’t remember because I was too busy taking it all in.

"So, who is your stylist?"

"Um, me!" I giggled and put my hands over my heart.

"Really? So, your musically talented, a fashion icon, beautiful, have a great body, awesome accent, your best friends with One Direction, and your dating Taylor Lautner! I can see why so many girls are jealous of you!" I blushed and thanked her before she cut to a commercial break. I took a deep breath and smiled before she started talking to me again, “You know, I’ve always wanted to have someone bulimic on the show! Do you get uncomfortable talking about it, because most of my questions are about that."

I blinked at her in shock before saying anything, “I-I’m not bulimic…….."

"Really?! You look like you are, um, well, this is…… awkward." I nodded and looked at the floor. The commercial break ended and I put a fake smile on my face. “We are back, Jane Simmons is still here, and we left off talking about her accomplishment becoming a fashion icon. So, we are all wondering what the boys are like, what is it like to constantly be around five gorgeous boys your age?"

"Well, it’s nice to be around people your age, it’s kind of like school again." I giggled softly before smoothing out my dress.

"Oh sweetie, you didn’t understand my question completely," she sighed as she pated my head like I was a dog. “I meant, is it hard to not pounce on one of them at all times?"

I could just feel Harry laughing at me right now. I covered my face with my hands before answering, “Um, no, it’s not hard. You know it’s actually pretty easy to not act like a slut around them. They are real people and refuse to let the fame get to them. They don’t feed off girls or take advantage of them, and I don’t do that to guys. It’s really disgusting that so many people assume that immediately, and just because someones good looking, doesn’t mean EVERYONE is in love with them or their body. So, no, it’s not hard to stay off of them, but, apparently, it is hard for people to understand that not all of us are a group of horny, slutty teenagers who can’t keep their hand off each other. Thanks for having me." I snapped before standing up and storming off the stage.

I ripped the mic off of my dress and smacked it into the stage managers hand before walking back to the dressing room. I yanked open the door and found five pairs of eyes starring at me, shocked. I sighed and grabbed my bag. 

"Jane….." Harry said softly.

"Don’t……" I huffed as I walked out of the room and to the car. I got in the car and threw my stuff on the floor. “Hotel, now!" I yelled to the driver and I felt him step on it. He pulled up to the hotel and I jumped out before he could open the door. I ran up to my room and collapsed on my bed. Tears made their way down my face and I sloppily wiped them away. I threw off my dress and shoes and jewelry and pulled on some pajamas, (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=52607507).

I put on my glasses and slippers and headed up to the roof of the hotel. I opened the little latch that led to it and stepped onto the gravel. There was a slight breeze, and the sun was bright over the city. I pulled my legs to my chest and rested my chin on my knees before letting out tears I have been holding back. I sat there for hours just crying my heart out. 

I started thinking about how much I wanted to go home and get away from all of this. Away from the rumors, Taylor, Liam, all the things that make me feel differently. It got really chilly and I started rubbing my legs and arms to try to warm myself up. I just want to go home and lay in MY bed, not a hotel, or tour bus, my HOUSE. 

I wiped away a tear and felt a jacket drape around my shoulders. I looked up and saw Liam looking down at me with sad eyes.