Chapter 10

So many tears and emotions went into the song I just wrote. It expressed everything I was feeling and it lifted at least 100 pounds off my shoulders. I packed up an extra notebook and pencils along with anything that would help me write a song and headed down to the lobby. The boys weren’t  there so I just got in the car and went there by myself.

When I pulled up to the venue, there were no paparazzi or fans waiting outside.What the heck? I slowly got out and walked inside. The lights were on but it was completely empty. I rolled my eyes and set my stuff down before getting a bottle of water from the vending machine. I took a swig before walking back toward the stage and sitting in one for the chairs in the audience.

 After an hour of waiting for them to show up, I got impatient and left. I started walking up the street when I heard footsteps and screaming, and it kept getting closer. At first I thought it was for someone from One Direction, but didn’t get the chance to see them because they grabbed my waist and threw me over their shoulder before I could even see their face. I screamed and hit their back until I realized that they were saving me from getting trampled.

After about five minutes of this guy running, he finally lost everyone. He carefully set me down and I realized it was Taylor. I smacked his shoulder and he chuckled.

"What?! I save your life and you hit me?!"

"Shut up, you scared me! I thought I was being kidnapped!" I giggled and we started walking down the street.

"So, you thought you were being kidnapped by a man who had a bunch of girls chasing him, and screaming ‘I love you’?"

"Exactly!"

"Hey, so what are you doing out here? Aren’t you doing rehearsals or something?"

"Yea, well the boys decided to stand me up for practice. We aren’t getting on too well lately." I sighed and looked through the window of vintage stores.

"What happened? You guys get in a fight?"

"Not really. There’s just a lot of conversations about not having sex on the bus and it just makes things more awkward than it should be. And of course everyone looks at me when it comes up because if it did happen it would defiantly have to do with me, so it is not fun. Then there’s the haters that think Harry and I are dating, which is not even near true and now I am second guessing my decision to come here." I rambled and stopped at a crosswalk.

"Yea, I heard about that, it’s good to know you aren’t together. And I am glad you decided to come here when you did cause then I wouldn’t have met you." he gave me a sweet smile and brushed his hand against mine. “So, would now be a good time for that coffee?"

"Defiantly." I giggled and he pulled me into a little coffee shop on the corner. I ordered and offered to pay but he insisted. We sat in the back of the shop so no one could recognize either of us and we immediately hit it off. I was giggling so much that I thought my drink was going to start dripping out of my nose.

He was a great guy and was constantly being a gentleman, and he was really sweet. Trust me, his looks are just a bonus. After we finished our drinks, we decided to go shopping, which I didn’t argue. We stepped out of the shop and started down the street again. We talked for a while, then walked in a awkward silence. That’s the one bad thing I noticed, it’s really awkward when we don’t have anything to talk about.

I tucked some hair behind my ear and let my arm fall back to my side. Taylor held my hand the rest of the way to Forever 21. It wasn’t anything special, it was nice, but not anything I haven’t felt before. When we got to the store, I told Taylor to stop me when I get to five articles of clothing because if he didn’t, I would buy out the whole store.

He laughed and followed me around the store. After I was finished he took me out to lunch. We ate and I enjoyed it, it was kind of awkward, though.

"So, I had a great time." Taylor smiled and took my hands in his. He had walked me back to he hotel and made sure I got back to my room alright. He was really sweet, but already kind of protective.

"Me too. Thank you for everything."

"We should do it again. Soon, yea?"

"Sure, I’m here for another month."

We sorta just stood there looking at each other, until Taylor pressed his lips softly against mine. I didn’t see it coming, so I kinda squealed like a pig. He pulled away and smiled at me.

"I’ll text you." he said before he kissed me on the cheek and left. I stood there, still shocked from the fact I had just had my first kiss. It was weird, but again, I didn’t feel anything special. I guess I really couldn’t tell, since it was the first time I every kissed someone on the lips, but still, it wasn’t what I expected.

I slipped inside my room and closed the door quickly behind me. Right as I was about to text Harry, the door burst open.

"Where have you been all day?!" Paul screamed with all five boys behind him.

"I could ask all of you guys the same question!"

"Answer me!"

"Well, first, I went to the venue, which you guys weren’t at, then, I started walking back to the hotel when I ran into Taylor and we went out for coffee. After that, he took me shopping, then we went out to lunch. Finally, he walked me back here about five minutes ago. Your turn!" I explained then put my hands on my hips.

"You….. oh you are in so much trouble!"

"Why?! Explain how what I did was wrong, when none of you were where I was told you would be!"

"Paul, she does have a point…." Harry said softly.

"Boys, go to your rooms." Paul said calmly and he closed the door behind them. “Jane, let me get this clear. You will not go anywhere without my permission, and that is an order, not a recommendation. You father told me to watch after you, and it doesn’t look good when he asks where you are and I don’t know. You are grounded the whole tour, you wont leave the hotel or tour bus unless your with a guard and the boys or me, understood?" he growled as he gave me a death look.

"Fine." I sighed as I brushed a tear away and pushed him out of my room.