Chapter 28

I already missed him. I missed his touch. His voice. The way he breathes. The way he smells. The way his eyes lit up when he looked at me. His lips. Every single thing reminded me of Liam.

It was two in the morning and I couldn’t fall asleep, so I sat alone, on the couch, eating cookies. Of course I thought of Liam as I picked up one with green icing. I threw it back on the plate and wrapped myself tighter in a fuzzy blanket I found in the closet I stuffed all the boys Christmas presents in.

There was a light knock on the door and I started freaking out. I looked out the peep hole and saw a large man standing there. He looked really shady and I started shaking. He knocked again, but this time a little harder. I ran to the bathroom and locked the door before calling one of the boys on speed-dial.

"Hello?" Louis asked in his grumpy morning voice.

"L-Louis, there is a creepy guy knocking on my door." I whispered nervously and I could hear him rustling for his glasses.

"Me and Harry will get him to leave! Superman and Robin are on the case!" I rolled my eyes at his silliness and slowly huddled into the corner. The knocking stopped after about two minutes and my phone rang.

"H-h-hello?" my who body was vibrating.

"Jane, calm down, it’s Louis." I sighed and calmed down.

"Oh, alright, is he gone?"

"Yea, it was just one of the new bodyguards, he heard you rustling around. So are you gonna let us in now?" I smirked and ran to open the door. I found a wide-awake Louis and a half-asleep Harry standing in the doorway. “Morning, love!" Louis smiled cheerfully and I smiled back.

"Happy birthday, Lou!" I giggled and pulled him into a hug.

"Thank you!"

"How old are you turning again? Five?" I joked and he just laughed. “I’m just going to give you your present now!" I smiled and pulled it out from under the couch.

His face lit up and he tore the paper off of it quickly. “Oh my god! You didn’t!" he screamed as he pulled out a digital picture frame with all of our favorite memes downloaded onto it. He hugged it then hugged me, which made me giggle.

Harry flopped onto the couch and fell asleep, and Louis insisted on watching a movie. We both laid on the couch with our legs tangled, as usual.

I was staring at the tv when Louis turned and looked at me. “Are you really leaving?" he asked softly and I turned to look him in the eye.

"Harry told you…." I huffed and he nodded.

"He told all the boys, and Liam hasn’t left his room." I covered my face with my hands.

"I wasn’t trying to hurt him! Can we please not talk about this, it is your birthday! We are partying today!" I cheered and he gave me a gaping smile.

"On one condition." he smirked and I got all nervous.

"What?"

"You do one last concert. Just one, where you announce that your leaving, then you can leave without any strings." he proposed and I sighed.

"Fine, only one. But Louis?"

"Yes?" he asked as he did his happy dance.

"You called Harry ‘Robin’ but Robin isn’t Superman’s sidekick." I stated and his face fell. I giggled and hugged him before turning back toward the tv.

——————————————————

Later that night, we all decided we didn’t feel like going out into the cold weather, so Zayn and I were making Louis a carrot cake for his birthday. “Zayn, will you hand me the nut-crusher?" I asked as I pulled the container of mixed nuts out of the cupboards. He looked at me with wide eyes and ran out of the kitchen screaming, ‘DON’T CRUSH MY NUTS!’. I chuckled and finished the cake by myself.

I quickly got changed, (http://www.polyvore.com/casual/set?id=53136739), while the cake baked and walked back out into the living room area in my hotel room. Louis and Niall had hooked up the Xbox and were playing some gory video game. Harry was watching and trying to awake. I gave him a wet willy and he jumped up and tackled me.

I giggled and he tickled my side and helped me up before plopping back on the couch.

"Lazy bum." I muttered and the door opened. Liam and Zayn walked in and dropped a bunch of bags on the ground. “Oh snap! Someone did some shopping!" I smirked and walked back into the kitchen to check the cake.

"Happy Christmas Eve and Louis’ Birthday!" Harry yelled and I heard them tackle Louis to the ground.