Chapter 20

The tour was going amazingly well. It was halfway done and we were all enjoying every minute down to the seconds. We were on a break from the tour for Christmas, but were told we weren’t aloud to go home and see family, we had to stay in America. We were all pretty bummed, especially Niall. I cheered everyone up by telling them we could all Skype our relatives and friends while we had our own Christmas in the hotel.

"To be honest, I think of you guys as my second family." I said cheerfully as the bus pulled up to the hotel we would be stuck at in Maine. Christmas was in one week, and Taylor said he was going to come spend the few days prior to that here with me. The driver was going to pick him up at the airport after he dropped us off at the hotel. I carried my bags up to my room and freshened up, (http://www.polyvore.com/airport/set?id=52820500), before heading down to the lobby to wait for Taylor.

I didn’t have to wait long, because right as I stepped off the elevator he was walking through the front door. I ran into his arms and he kissed my neck. I pulled away and kissed him on the lips before talking.

"I missed you so much!"

"I missed you, too." he whispered in my ear and kissed my neck again. I grabbed his hand and led him up to the room we would be sharing, but don’t get the wrong idea. He set his luggage on the bed and told me he wanted to take a shower. I led him to the bathroom and planted a light kiss on his cheek before closing the door behind me.

I flipped onto the bed and flipped on the t.v.. I was so giddy when Taylor was around, and I think I am starting to fall in love with him. I can actually imagine life with him, and that shocked me. Liam walked in and sat next to me on the bed. 

"Who’s in the shower?"

"Taylor." I smiled.

"Ugg!"

"Liam, please be nice to him! He flew here just to see me, and I really like him. Please, for me?"

"Fine." he sighed and twiddled his thumbs. I heard a phone vibrate and I looked at Liam to see if it was his. He shook his head no and I figured out it was Taylor’s. I unlocked it and read the message to myself.

From: May

Hey baby, I can’t wait for you to get home so we can have Christmas sex! xx 

My heart completely stopped. My whole body just froze. I couldn’t blink. I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t do anything but stare at the screen. 

"Is everything okay?" Liam asked softly as he walked over to me. When I didn’t reply, he took the phone out of my hand and read it. His face turned red with anger and his fists clenched.  "I. Am. Going. To. Kill. That. Bastard." he huffed as he started toward the bathroom.

"Liam….."

"What?!"

"Don,t. Leave, I’ll handle this." I said without any emotion whatsoever. He gave me a sweet hug and kiss on the forehead before angrily walking out of the room. With perfect timing, Taylor stepped out of the bathroom with a cheeky smile on his face. He leaned down to give me a kiss, but when I dodged it, he gave me a confused look. I held up his phone and he read the message.

"Oh shit, Jane, this is NOT what you think."

"How could I have been so stupid?!" I screamed as I brushed away a tear that had fallen down my face. “Why did I think I could trust you?! You obviously were just looking for sex, and I was just there to kiss you, and make you feel better."

"Jane, it wasn’t like that, it was a hook up at a bar."

"So, you didn’t have sex?"

"I did, but it meant nothing!" I covered my face with my hands.

"And to think I was starting to love you!" I cried as I sat on the bed. Taylor sat next to me and put his arm around my waist. “DON’T TOUCH ME!"

"But Jane, I love you!" I stared into his cold eyes and just chuckled. He looked at me like I was crazy and I stood up.

"You know, while I was gone, and I was trying to decide if I truly did love you, I took the liberty to look it up. And I learned a little something. ‘ I learned the real meaning of love. Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades. You can depend so much on certain people, you can set your watch by them. And that’s love, even if it doesn’t seem very exciting. - Sylvester Stallone’. And, if your not loyal, then I don’t love you, and you don’t love me. Get out, I never want to see you again!" I screamed through tears. 

Taylor sighed in defeat and picked up his luggage before walking out of the room. I collapsed on the ground in a rack of sobs and heard footsteps. I felt someone’s strong arms wrap around me and lift me from the ground. I cuddled into their chest and cried into their shirt. I faintly heard yelling and a thud come from the hallway, then some people ran into the room. It was completely silent except for my loud sobbing and the obvious sound of my heart breaking into a million pieces.

I opened my eyes to look up at who was holding me so tightly, and Liam was looking down at me with sad eyes. I buried my face into his chest and he hugged me closer. He carried me to my bed and tucked me under the covers. He started to pull away, but I grabbed at his hand.

"P-Please don’t g-go." I cried softly as I looked up at him. He smiled softly and brushed some hair out of my eyes.

"Never." he whispered as he climbed under the covers with me and held me close. I cried myself to sleep along with the soothing vibrations coming from Liam from humming his song ‘Moments’. He rubbed small circles on my back and kissed my head lightly as I drifted off to unconsciousness.