Chapter 22

"How was your christmas?" Ginny asked Jennifer. Ginnifer and Josh went back to L.A for the holidays because both of their parents lived there. Ginny was calling Jennifer to catch up. They never got sick of each other. Even though they often spent at least 10 hours a day with each other. Whenever they went on brake they always missed each other. They called each other at least everyday. "It was really good," Jennifer found herself blushing. Her christmas with Colin was perfect. Just like she wanted t to be. It was everything she hoped for. "I am guessing you had a magical day with Colin," Ginny teased. "It was pretty spectacular," she gushed. "What did he get you?" Ginny asked wanting all the details. "He got me a ring-"

"You two are getting married?" She yelled trough the phone. "Gosh Ginny it was just a promise ring," Jennifer said. "Still that is pretty serious," Ginny lowered her voice. "Trust me we are taking things pretty slow," Jennifer said. "You want things to go faster?" Ginny was surprised. "While I don't know. It's just I feel like we have been together forever. We are so close. We have that special connection. We haven't even changed I love you's. The funny thing is that if he actually proposed to me at christmas I think I would have said yes," Jennifer giggled. "While you know me and Josh got engaged after only 2 years of dating," Ginny said. "But you two were all over each other when we filmed the pilot episode. I still can't believe that you two were both married when you met," Jennifer said. "Well true love conquers all," Jennifer laughed.

      "I have another surprise for you," Colin hugged Jennifer behind her back. "You are full of surprises this holiday," se smiled. "Remember how I got the part in the Carrie Pilby movie?" Colin reminded her. "Oh ya when do you have to film that?" She asked. "While that is my surprise we are going to New York," Colin said. "But what about going to Ireland to see Evan and Helen?" Jennifer asked. "We will just have to go after," Colin said not disappointed. "Colin are you avoiding seeing them? Whenever I bring them up you always change the topic," Jennifer frowned. "I promise we will go to Ireland after we go to New York," he kissed her on her forehead. "But after New York we have to come back here to film," she said worried. "Then I guess maybe they could come to Vancouver," he suggested. "Okay I just don't want you to be pushing them away," she stroked his arm. "I'm not," he said in a low voice.

     When they got out of the car a bunch of fans greeted them in the Airport lobby. Colin held Jennifer's hand and they both rolled their luggage. They stopped to sign and take selfies. Some fans even gave them gifts. They eventually got through everyone. They thanked all of the fans for watching the show and then made their way to the check in desk. "What did you get?" Colin held up 2 bags of gifts. Jennifer held up 3 bags. "I win," Colin pouted and Jennifer giggled. They used the shelf checkout machine as it was faster. "I can't wait for you to see my apartment!" She said excitedly. "I can't believe I have never been to New York with you. We have been to so many places together," Colin said. "Yes we have, but it's nice to make some firsts."

"Firsts?" Colin didn't understand. "You know doing things for the first time," she explained. "Gotcha," he smiled.

     They walked to their gate and sat down on the waiting area. They only had 30 minutes before boarding. Jennifer put her head on Colin's shoulder and took out her phone. Colin leaned his head on top of hers and watched her scroll through social media. They took a few selfies together. Both of them making funny faces at Jennifer's phone.

     Jennifer and Colin watched one movie on the way to New York, then they decided that they should go to sleep. When they got to New York it was going to be day time. The flight was 6 hours the whole time Colin had his arm around Jennifer as they both slept. A flight attendant put a blanket on them when they were sleeping, so that they wouldn't get cold. They got woken up by the pilot on the intercom telling the flight attendants to prepare for landing. Jennifer looked out the window to watch as the plane got closer and closer to the ground.

     After the debarked the plane Jennifer went to the oversize luggage to get Ava. "Hey baby," she took her out of her kennel and hooked her onto a leach. Jennifer called a car to take them to her apartment. Ava sat on Jennifer's lap throughout the car ride. Jennifer scratched her under her chin.

     "This place is big for New York," Colin said when he walked in. It was around the same size as her apartment in Vancouver. "Ya it's beautiful right," she pointed to the view. She could see people skating on a outdoor rink. She took a picture of it for her smile. "So what do you wanna do?" Jennifer asked him. "We could go to a museum, go to central park, to the zoo, see a show. This place has everything," she smiled. "The park sounds lovely," he said. "Okay than let's go. We can stop to get some food to. I am starving," they started to head out the door.

     "Mac and cheese, hot dog or pizza?" Jennifer asked Colin. They were walking down the busy streets trying to decide what to have for lunch. "We could get them all and share," Colin suggested. "Yes that is a great idea!" Jennifer went up to the cashier and ordered their food. "I did't get us drinks because I thought we could stop off at a Starbucks," she told him while they were waiting for their order. "Coffee is exactly what I need right now," he yawned. He hadn't got much sleep on the plane because his eyes kept getting glued onto Jennifer. Something about the way she slept cuddled up on his shoulder just mesmerized him.

     Colin and Jennifer spent the whole day at Central Park. They first went to the zoo. Colin bought Jennifer a strawberry ice cream even though they had just eaten lunch and it was freezing outside. They took turns licking the pink creamy heaven. The first animals they went to see were the seals. They sat on the bench beside the tank. They had a wonderful time watching the seals bob their heads above the water. The seals also made a noise that neither of them could explain.

     "That was fun!" Jennifer said when they got back to her warm and cozy apartment. "It was nice. New York is such a amazing place," Colin exclaimed. "It is. Some people hate it because it is so buys, but I just find the place for magical. So many people come here to follow their dreams," Jennifer said. "I am so lucky to be filming something here," Colin smiled. "Maybe one day we can live here together," Colin smirked. It was the first time Jennifer had heard Colin suggest any future with her. It made her feel good on the inside. Their relationship wasn't just some fling. Jennifer just stood there smiling at him like an idiot.

     Jennifer and Colin were watching Dick Clarks New Years Eve.They were in New York, but it was too busy on the street. Plus you had to wait outside for 12 hours if you wanted to see anything. They thought it was best to just watch it on T.V. "10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1! Happy new year!" The Tv screamed. "Happy new year Jennifer," Colin smiled and stared into her eyes. "Happy new year," she smiled back. Their lips soon found each other's. "First kiss of 2016," Jennifer said. "Yup," Colin said and bit his lip. "And I um, I love you Jennifer," he stuttered. "I love you too," she said back and kissed him once more. 

Happy New year everyone! I am sorry for updating late. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Back to school soon :( I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Please vote and comment, thanks!