Chapter Ten

"Please tell me what you were thinking." Des mumbled, Cassy ignored her, continuing to stare out the window. Des reached over the car and swiped her shoulder. "I'm talking to ya princess." she chuckled. Cassy looked over her shoulder at Des for a moment then looked back outside the window. Des sighed, returning her gaze to the road. "Whatever your mad about, might as well just drop I mean you're gonna have to deal with me for a couple more centuries." she laughed. Cassy didn't even crack a smile. "Just talk to me Cas." she begged.

"Why did we have to leave?" she asked. Des opened her mouth to answer but Cassy added quickly, "And don't tell me it was because of that animal attack because there is no way that could look anyway human and Margret covered her tracks well..." she paused. "Too well." she noted quietly.

"Your father heard of that boy and he wanted you far from trouble. Now that that boy has awareness of his powers, theres going to be trouble." she explained, Cassy mocking her as she said the few last words.

"Hmmp, my father needs to let me live however the hell I want to."  she crossed her arms and stared out the window. Des laughed.

"Even while he's under, as long as he's living, he won't let ." Cassy snorted.

"Just don't think that when he's gone I'm going to listen to you."  she snapped. "The only reason I do listen to you is because whatever the hell comes out of your mouth is his order." she mumbled. Cassy rolled down the window and the wind blew through the car. Des sighed and put the window up.

"Come now, that phone call to Oliver was the best thing that will ever happen in your entire life." Cassy scoffed.

"I doubt it. I'm immortal, remember?" she said, pressing the down button for the window but the window didn't move. Cassy looked down at her lap. "You could've at least let me talk to him." Des bit her lip.

"Yes. I could have, but your father knew you would let him down easily and was pretty sure that he would try and find you." Des snarled. "And that boy is-"

"And that boy is trouble." Cassy mocked Des's voice. She smashed her hand through the window and Des slammed on the breaks.

"What the hell!" they both screamed at the same time, turning their heads towards each other, snarling as their eyes turned dark brown red and they bared their fangs.

"La naiba Casanova! Aceasta este o masina noua!" Des snarled in a hushed tone. It was Romanian for, 'Dammit Casanova! This is a brand new car!' Cassy rolled her eyes.

"Orice se poate cumpăra orice mașină dracului vrei sa." she snarled back. 'Any you can purchase any fucking car you want to.'  "Un pahar pic rupt nu a rănit pe nimeni Desra." she added. 'A little broken glass has never hurt anybody Desra.' Red and blue flashing lights appeared behind the car. Cassy stared back with a mischievous look.

"Nu te dracu îndrăznești să încerci ceva." Des mumbled putting down her window as the police officer approached the car. 'Don't you fucking dare try anything.' Des smiled at the cop.

"License and registration please." the cop requested. Des leaned onto Cassy's lap and dug through the glove box, returning with a couple pieces of paper. She handed them to him. "Do you know why I have pulled you over?" he asked, studying the papers.

"Yes. I know. The window smashed and it surprised me and I slammed on the breaks." she explained. The cop nodded handing back the papers. "I'm sure that it was nothing. Probably just a crack in the glass and I hit a bump or something like that." she rambled. The cop nodded and glanced at Cassy. He seemed like he was going to say something but the walkie talkie on his chest started making inaudible words.

"You ladies have a nice day." he tipped his hat then jogged back to his cop car, responding to the walkie talkie. Des didn't put the car in drive until the cop drove off.

"Ar fi spus că mă răpești ..." Cassy thought aloud. 'Should have said you were kidnapping me...' Des scoffed, driving away.

"Eu l-ar fi ucis chiar atunci și acolo, și tu știi asta." Des responded. 'I would've killed him right then and there, and you know it.'

                                                                         ----

Oliver opened his eyes, staring across the room into the mirror. He sat up and looked around, seeing the empty beer bottles and weights. He sighed, realising that he must've gone into Derreck's room. Coughing, he stood up and stared at his reflection.

"So...I'm a supernatural creature, eh." he mumbled to himslef, stepping towards the mirror. "Now just what the hell do I do, huh?" he bit his bottom lip, crossing his arms. "A god damn psychic, or whatever the hell she called me. Now what the fuck can I do?" he asked himself. HE rolled his eyes and sighed. "First off stop talking to yourself Oliver because I sound insane." he leaned on the dresser and hung his head for a moment. He took a deep breath, trying to get rid of the lump in the back of his throat. "Just...." he wetted his dry lips with the tip of his tongue.

"Oliver! Jake and Margret just called!" His mom called from downstairs. He walked out of the room and went to the stairs where she stood at the foot of them,  dressed in a white nightgown. "They said to meet them at Crescent lake in no more than in hour." she told him, smiling. Oliver could see his mother's brokenness through her cheerful eyes. Oliver smiled.

"Kay mom." he said, coming down the stairs slowly.

"But grab like a fruit or something before you leave." she told him, walking out of sight. He followed her to the kitchen and grabbed an apple from the bowl. He walked outside and looked down at the apple and wiped it on his shirt before biting into it. Apple juice dripped down his hand. He tossed the rest of the apple into the trash as he walked towards the road.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Vote up if you like it so far :) This is like that farthest that I've ever written a story for. Thanks for reading and I'll try to get chapter eleven up as soon as I can :)