Threats And Warnings

Start from the beginning

"I just came to see you, also I wanted to see if you'd want to come to dinner with me and a friend? I just thought you'd want to meet at least one of them." He answered.

"Oh so, is Jemma not available?" I asked as I opened my fridge. I wasn't upset, I just wanted to mess with him a bit, I thought it was fun for some reasons. So I tightened my face as I spoke.

" Dont you think I would have asked her if I wanted her come with me? Theres a reason why I'm asking you, well unless you'd rather me take her instead. If that's the case then please say so." He answered but then looked at me and frowned "What's that face you're making?" He asked, I raised an eybrow at him as I drank my apple juice.

"I'm sorry, what face?"

"You know the face you're spotting right now." I started laughing.

"Darcy, please, I think maybe you should go home to your baby mama, she might be bored sitting there by herself you know?"

He started laughing while moving towards me. " Are you jealous, Charlotte?"

"No, that's ridiculous." I tried not to smile. He laughed again, pulling me towards him.

"Don't worry, Charlotte, you're still the one I want. Promise." You could tell he was holding his laugh.

"Well, that's very touching, thank you, Darcy," I responded sarcastically as I tried not to smile, while trying to pout.

"You're cute when you're jealous." He kissed my neck. "In fact, you should be jealous more often, it really suits you." Next kiss landed on my lips. I giggled because he was being cute and oh lord, I was falling in love with him. I swallowed hard and tried not to freak out.

"You're stupid. But yes I'd love to come with you." I said playfully but responded to his kisses, well that was until his cellphone started ringing which he picked up at the last moment. I then smacked his butt as he walked away while talking on the phone. I just had to.

"So, I'll come get you around 7:30 PM." He told me and I nodded and then a second later he was gone.

*******************

"So, tell me again who we're going to meet up with?" I asked Darcy as we got out of the car.

"He's one of my good friends, his name is Frederick Halter and I think he's coming with a friend. I'm not really sure. He just said he wanted me to meet someone important to him." He explained as handed his keys to the valet attendant.

"I just can't believe I'm meeting him now though."

"Well he's a very busy man, he's almost always traveling to Europe and back, basically just like me so it gets difficult to meet here in the States sometimes."

"Then how do you guys get to hang out?" He opened the door for me to let me in the restaurant first. I Thanked him.

"We usually meet in the country that we are currently at if we so happen to be there at the same time, which Suprising enough is quite often."

"Rich people problems." He shook his head as he laughed at my joke.

"Come on, there are over there." He grabbed my hand as we walked over to the table where a very handsome man was sitting next to a very beautiful young woman. I smiled.

"Hey guys, you finally made it." The man got up with a smile on his face as he greeted us.

"Sorry, man, someone couldn't find her favorite pair of shoes." Darcy apologized as he looked at me which made me roll my eyes.

"Well I'm glad you made it," the man said as he looked over at the golden brown skin woman who had gotten up with a smile on her face. She was such a pretty woman with beautiful eyes and an inviting smile. "Guys this is Eva, and Eva this is James and..."

"Charlotte." I finished for him as I extended my hand towards her. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine." She smiled as she shook my hand and then Darcy's hand before we sat across the table from them.

"So James, I wanted you to be the first to know that Eva and I are going to have a baby." Frederick said the second the server left with our orders. Was I dedecting a hint of a French accent?

"Oh wow, that's great Frederick. When will that happen?" Darcy asked. What was up with all the baby-making around me lately, first it was Darcy and now his friend?

"Not sure sure yet ." Frederick answered which made me raise an eybrow.

"I'm sorry what?" Darcy asked the question that was dancing on my lips.

"Well we are currently in the process so hopefully it'll happen soon." I smiled as I looked at back and forth from Frederick to the beautiful Eva. Well these two would certainly make a gorgeous baby so no wonder they wanted to get started.

"Is that... ?" Darcy was asking again but didn't finish his question which didn't stop Frederick from answering, probably already knowing what the question was going to be.

"Yes, yes it's her." He smiled brightly which I guess transfered over to Darcy who shook his head as a laughed came out of him.

Eva and I were just sitting there as we watched them both wondering when they would finally tell us what was so funny but alas it never happened until our dinner was finally brought over and the conversation was changed.

***********************

"It really was a pleasure to meet you, Charlotte." Eva said as we all stood in front of the restaurant while waiting on our vehicles. I smiled.

"And like I said, the pleasure was all mine. I am glad we got to do this." I told her honestly.

We had stayed at the restaurant for over two hours with us talking about everything and nothing. Eva had told me she had graduated from NYU a few months back and I had told her that I just gotten in.

Eva was such an amazing person and those two hours definitely weren't long enough for me to get to know her and from what I had gotten to know so far though, I was pretty sure that given the opportunity, she and I could be great friends.

"We should hang out soon." I told her as the valet attendant brought Darcy's car and parked in front of us.

"Yea definitely that would be great," she agreed as she took her cell phone out to be able to register my phone number.

"Ok, so I'll text you or give you a call." She said when she finally saved my number. I smiled.

"Eva, it was nice to finally meet you," Darcy said and gave her a hug and a few minutes later after we had said our goodbyes, we were on our way home.

********************
Vote and comment and check "Reclaiming Charlotte"