Chapter 9: Lost

Killian's POV

It has been a few hours since Emma's death so Smee and I decided to do the honourable thing and take my poor Swan to her parents in her kingdom although I'm sure it will get us both arrested because her father hates me anyway. That wasn't even my concern because I have nothing to live for. I had just managed to forget the love of my life but she came back again.

There was no meaning for me anymore and even going on as a pirate seemed to go against Emma's wishes for me. I know she fell in love with the best version of me, Killian Jones. Not the selfish and ruthless Captain Hook.

I wiped my tear stained eyes and gently picked up her lifeless body and planted a small kiss on her forehead. We left that monsters castle and Smee told me how they're were two horses which him and Emma had taken so we used them.

Smee rode on his own whilst I took Emma with me. The small portion of hope would make me glance down at her sleep like state and check she wasn't just sleeping but deep inside I knew she was gone from me forever.

After the long journey to her kingdom I could finally see the castle gates.

"Smee, lets stop here and go the rest of the way on foot." I tell him and he silently nods before we both stop and get off the tired horses, leaving them there for somebody to take or claim. I carry Emma bridal style, whispering and begging her to wake up as we walk without Smee hearing. He'd think I was crazy.

"C'mon, Swan. You have to wake up." I keep saying over and over again in my head until we reach the gates. Two guards stop us, pointing their swords at us in warning, "Name." One shouts but they both lower their weapons when they see who I had in my arms.

"Killian Jones and William Smee. S-She's gone." My voice cracks again and I feel tears about to spill but I push them away, I must be strong.

"Bring her right in." They lowly say and  lower their heads as we walk past. We enter the huge castle and head down the hall with many portraits of the king and queen and of course, Emma. I gently remove some hair which was in her face before we knock on two large double doors which some guards open right away.

"Come right in," they say and we head in to be stopped by the king and queen theirselves. When they notice who was in my arms, Snow White breaks down and cries whilst David rushes over and takes her from my arms. Snow heads over and strokes her cold face before sobbing in the kings arms.

"D-Did you do this, pirate." David spits in anger and heart break as he gently lies her on the floor to check her pulse and whatever else may tell if she is still alive. I quickly shake my head.

"No! I love her and I don't care if you think I am nothing but a pirate but now she's gone I have no meaning. Nothing to live for so go ahead, kill me for kidnapping her but I want you to know that I love her and always will." I admit to the both of them and Smee nods, backing me up.

"It was the Dark One, sir." Smee adds in and I notice David tense up at Rumplestiltskin's name.

"Wait, are you the pirate who took our daughter?" Snow questions, clearly not knowing that it was me. David beats me to answering and says it was me. "Just leave us be for now. If David also agrees I don't mind you coming to say g-goodbye one last time." She stutters and wipes the loose tears falling down her pale cheeks.

"T-Thank you, your highness. I would like that." I say as politely as I can.

"I will send a letter with details for the funeral." She finally says before letting Smee and I leave to go back to the ship.

Snow's POV

My baby was dead. My precious daughter who was said to be dead and then came back to us was now lying lifeless in front of me.

What I would do to see her emerald green eyes again.

"He loves her, David." I say once the pirate had left us alone. He tenses up and we both sit down next to Emma. I lean down and kiss her cheek before we both break down in tears.

"Snow, w-we lost her and its all my fault." David weakly says and holds her head in his hands. I look at him in confusion, how is it his fault?

"Of course it isn't. Nobody could help this and Rumplestiltskin has to be locked up." I tell him as I stare into his teary eyes.

"No, Snow. I done something terrible. I went to Rumplestiltskin for something to make Emma think she loved Charles. If it wasn't for her fake love she would never have left the castle." He cries and I stare at him shock. How could he do that to our daughter?

"W-why would you do that?" I cry in shock and he shakes his head and tries to hug me but I pull away, to angry and hurt to be in his arms.

"The fate of the kingdom was at stake, Snow I am so sorry." He begs and looks at me in guilt, "The kingdom! You made our daughter love somebody so the kingdom would be alright?" I shout now but stop when I realise something.

Emma was missing.