Chapter 6: A Year Later

1 Year Later,
Emma's POV:

The ball was like always, boring. It was the celebration of the official engagement of Charles and I although he was a mean and selfish man who only liked me for my parents money, the kingdom and because I was said to be 'the fairest of them all'.

My gown was red and I was wearing black heels with my tiara and my awful engagement ring. I was sitting on my chair, watching the happy couples dance whilst my new fiancé was with my mother, drinking and laughing.

"Emma, what is wrong with you?" My father asks as he takes the chair next to me and holds my hands. I look at him, stunned and annoyed that he still hasn't realised, "Father I don't love Charles." I say for the fourth time today. He smiles sadly at me and gestures me to follow him. Nervous and hopeful he will understand, I follow him.

We leave the ballroom and he takes me into our castles dining room and pours us both some fruit juice from our royal gardens. "Emma," he begins and takes a mouthful of his drink. I listen to what he has to say and take a mouthful of the drink. All I hear him say is, "I am so sorry, my baby." And then I fall to the floor, everything goes black.

Charming's POV, FLASHBACK

It was a few months after I had returned our daughter home and I was worried. Worried that Emma would never accept Charles and never marry him so I went to my final option behind Snow's back. Rumplestiltskin.

Snow would have never approved me going to see the Dark One so I decided to do this with Charles knowing. We had discussed this option and he said he would keep quiet although he knew.

When I finally arrived at his castle, the huge doors open and I am let inside to see the man himself sitting at a long table.

"Ah, Prince Charming!" He says in a high pitched voice, "and what could I do for you?" He asks me and stands beside me.

I decide to just come out with it.

"I need something to make Emma love her fiancé." I say and already feel awful. Me, the hero, going behind my wife's back to force my daughter to love somebody. Rumple giggles and shows his yellow and horrid teeth.

"Sorry dearie! Love is rare and special and cannot be forced." He says and my face falls in disappointment. I really need a strong heir to the throne to accompany Emma when I am gone.

"There must be something!" I shout and realise I sound desperate.

"Well there is something." He admits and magics up a small, clear potion.

"It will make her think she loves this man but not truly love him." He explains and I nod, wanting the vial.

"Whats your price?" I ask as he chucks me the potion. He giggles and says,

"A Captain."

Emma's POV PRESENT DAY

I wake up on my bed inside my chamber and quickly sit up in alert. My head was painful.

"Mother, father?" I call and my father walks in.

"You're finally awake. Come, everybody is waiting for you. You're engagement ball is still on." He says and helps me up. I notice I still have my red dress on.

We walk into the ballroom and I see everybody is laughing and enjoying the music. My father lets my hand go and I head over to my mother and Charles.

"There you are, my darling." Charles says and takes my hand, "Care to dance?" He says and I sweetly smile before nodding and taking his hand and we begin to dance. Looking back, my mother smiles widely at me and walks over to my father.

We waltz to the music as we speak,

"You don't know how happy you've made me, Emma." He says and I smile at him, "You're making me blush." I laugh and he smiles before leading me over to the refreshment area.

He passes me some wine, "To us." He says and I smile before repeating his words and putting the glasses together and drinking.