~ Chapter 3 ~

Recap:

The nurse went to my dad and started to disconnect some of the machines.

"Wh- What are y- you do - doing? " I stuttered.

"I have some news about your dad," she said with a serious tone.

"What's wrong?"

"He.."

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

"He's getting better miss."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My dad was going to get better. MY DAD IS GETTING BETTER.

I was crying because I couldn't believe my ears, he's getting better with this treatment.

I thanked the nurse when she got out of the room and then I turned back to look at my father, he looked so peaceful and just then I could see his recovery. I was so glad.

"I love you papá " I wispered to him and kissed him on the forehead.

When I saw the clock it was midnight.
"Shoot" I said to myself.

I got up and before closing the door behind me I looked at my dad and then closed the door telling myself he's getting better.

I arrived late to my house. My mom was in the sofa sleeping. I went to her and put a blanket on her, shut the tv off and kissed her on the forehead.

Then I went to my room, had a shower and then I snuggled up in my cozy bed and drifted off to sleep.

Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz

I hate mornings.

I shut the alarm off and went to my bathroom.

Then I put my clothes on, a white blouse and some black skinny jeans. After that I combed my hair and then I went downstairs to eat breakfast.

My mom was already there having a coffee and eating a croissant.

"Hi mamá," I said.

"Buenos días Van," my mom said.

It's actually wierd that we say spanish words at the house since we are Americans and only lived in Spain for 3 years, but we just got used to it, hearing that for a long time dies hard. So we just adopted some spanish words for our daily life, wherever we were.

My mom looked very happy, since the hospital called her to tell the news.

"Mom, " I said.

"Yes dear?"

"I'm a glad Dad is finally getting better," I said in a low voice.

"Me too mi amor," she said tears welling up in her eyes.

I went to her and hugged her. My mom then pulled back and told me to eat my breakfast and then I should go to school.

I ate some cereals and drank my coffee, after that I took my lunch and put it in my backpack and went to school walking.

I arrived at school and saw that Cathy's car was already there so I went in and went to great her by her locker which was next to mine, luckyly.

"Hey guuurl", Cathy said with a cheery voice. I swear she is always happy!

"Hahah hello Cat," I said with a smile.

After having a little chit - chat, we walked to our first class, we had some classes together so we usually went together in the ones we were on the both of us.