Chapter 15- inside Rissa's humble abode

"Welcome to my humble abode." Rissa said dramatically as we entered her room and let me tell you that there was absolutely nothing humble about her room.

Thank god that her room was purple and not pink, if it were then I would be out of here and there's no way she could stop me. There three other doors inside this room, of course the first one would be to her closet, the next would be to the en suite and the last would be...maybe her balcony. Her walls were decorated with posters, Pom Poms, framed picture of her and her name written with some sparkly colour. Beside the potentially balcony door were her torturous items that would be used upon me. I meant makeup, curling iron and all that shit. There were many pictures glued to the corners of the mirror. And lastly was her bed. Which looked so god damn inviting with its white fluffy bed and pillows. I was really tempted to jump in but Rissa would definitely drag me out of the bed. By pulling my hair no doubt.

"Rissa there is nothing humble in your abode." I said.

"It was just a figure of speech!" She scowled.

"This place looks great." I whistled.

"Yeah well my mom and dad let me do whatever I want and buy anything I want. They think that since they can't spend time with me, sending me money and letting me do whatever I want would make me happy. Little do they know that all I want is to spend some time with them." She said bitterly.

"Who the hell needs them?" I scoffed. "Do not pity yourself Rissa. Never pity yourself. They are the unlucky ones who don't know that you're amazing. The ones who need to be pitied are my father and those gold diggers and your parents. We have each other and we don't need anyone else." I said firmly.

She smiled a little when I say that.

"That's better now can I get ready for my date?"

"Did Tyler tell you were he is going to take you?"

"Hell no. He just said that it would be somewhere nice. He said to wear something simple but nice." I replied.

"Hmm." Rissa pursed her lips. "That idiot didn't even tell me anything. He told James though who would never tell me. That ass always loved annoying me and this is no exception. Hopefully whatever we do with you tonight would be enough to get you through the night." She sighed and shook her head. "But first," she grinned, "we have to do something important."

"Important as in?"

"Important as in," I didn't even notice that she held something behind her back. "That we should take a picture. Smile!" She exclaimed as she jumped in beside me as she aimed her Polaroid camera's lens directly at us. Stunned, I barely had time to smile when she clicked it.

The picture came out within seconds and I looked at it horrified. My eyes were huge due to Rissa's sudden enthusiasm and that half a smile looked more like a mixture of grimace and a scowl. I looked wire and there's no way that I'm going to let her keep it. Not with her in the picture looking all beautiful and that million dollar smile on her face.

"Destroy it." I hissed.

"No." She frowns.

"God damn Rissa destroy that piece of shit. I look extremely weird in it. You cant keep it. Take another picture." I was on the verge of begging her.

"No way. These are memories and no matter how wire and screwed up they are, They are memories. No way am I going to delete them so nope. Years from now we're going to look at this picture on your wedding day and reminisce the day when I helped you get ready for your first date with Tyler while I help you get ready for your big day. You know since I'm going to be your maid of honour."

Despite my full concentration on the picture I cocked an eyebrow and looked at Rissa. "Excuse me? Who said anything about you being my maid of honour. I can sure as hell appoint someone else as my maid of honour while you'll be just the bridesmaid. Ever think about that?"

"You will never appoint someone else as your maid of honour missy otherwise I swear to god that I'm going to sabotage your wedding." She pointed her finger towards me, glaring so fiercely that I'm pretty sure, if she were a witch from Harry Potter I would definitely combust.

"Then I better start getting ready now cause he said he'll be here at seven sharp and I'm not even ready. My wedding's on the line you know."

"What? Oh yes of course! It's so easy to get side tracked these days when I'm with you! No matter I'll have you ready in no time. He thinks he's seen how gorgeous you are? Oh honey he's seen nothing. Not yet. When I'm done with you you'll be the most beautiful girl he's ever seen. Forget thinking, he won't even look at another girl again cause he'll be that mesmerised by you." Rissa promised.

She led me towards her torture- I meant her make up item and things and told me to sit down in front of the mirror quietly.

"Not even a word. Understand? You just sit there and do as I ask you if you want Tyler to be all mesmerised by you like a siren does. You wear what I ask you to wear and you do not even protest when I put make up on you."

I nodded. By the time of her voice I knew that she meant business and I shouldn't protest. At first she looked at the mirror and pulled out a picture of her and the cheerleading squad and kept it on the table. Then she our picture in its place.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"Do what?"

"Why would you replace a picture of you and the team with this picture?"

"Cause you're my best friend silly. Plus when you hopefully get in the team we'll take another picture and put it there. For now this will have to do."

No matter how talkative she is, Rissa refuses to tell me whether or not I'm picked out for the team or not. She says they'll announce it next week on Monday so I should be a bit patient. Plus she's the team captain so her blabbering out it secrets will be bad.

"Pick a colour. Don't even think for a second. Just pick a colour." She ordered.

"White." I reply instantly.

She nodded as if she was solving an extremely difficult equation.

"Good choice. We'll go with white tonight. A white dress with a pair of wedges, your hair should be left down but I'll do a little side braid on it. Since you're wearing white you wear too much make up. Just eyeliner, mascara and light pink lipstick. Slight blush for some colours in your cheeks. A charm bracelet should just complete your look." She finished pleased with herself.

"You got all that from a colour!" I exclaimed.

"Honey when you're obsessed with fashion like I am even the simplest thing such as a colour can say a lot on the kind of clothes you should wear to the way you should do your makeup. You still have a lot to earn my little apprentice." She patted my head. "Now let's begin shall we?"