Chapter 13- The Tears Of A Seven Year Old

Important note ahead so please read!!
Dear readers I know that you want to murder me and no matter what I say is not going to convince you otherwise. I'm extremely sorry and I do hope that you like this chapter and the other two I've written. I'll try my best to update chapter 16 as soon as I can.
I decided that when I finish written the epilogue of this book, I want to have some additional scenes of the book from Sapphire's POV. So as soon you are done reading this book please don't forget to comment on what chapter you want to read from Sapphire's POV.
Also please please vote and comment. You have no idea how motivating a vote can be to a writer. I'm already so close to 200 votes so I would really want to get 200 votes by the time I reach chapter 17. So please please vote!

Shit! Shit! Oh god! What the hell is Clarissa doing here? She's not supposed to be here! She can't be here! Her being here would make her question about me. And I can't answer her. I can't tell her what's going on.

"This is my other daughter-" Father began, but Rissa cut in.

"Beth."

Everyone except for Sapphire turned to look at Rissa, no doubt surprised that she recognized me when she didn't recognize Sapphire.

"You know her sweetheart?" A woman who was no undoubtedly Rissa's mother.

"She's my friend." Rissa said and although she didn't show it in front of everyone, I knew that she was doubting her words. Was I her friend if I was willing to keep such a secret from her? The accusing tone of her was making me guilty.

I did consider her a friend. No matter how harsh she was, she still is my friend and it was unfair. She never kept any secrets from me and here I was keeping a huge one from her.

"That's wonderful!" Rissa's mother smiled at me. "Are you in the cheer team as well?"

"I just had tryouts today, hopefully I'll get in." I smiled back politely.

"It's such a good thing that Elizabeth is friends with Clarissa." The witch grinned. "Elizabeth how about you and Sapphire show Clarissa around? There's still time until I serve the dinner and We really don't want to bore you kids with our adult talks."

"An excellent idea. Do what your mother has asked you to do Elizabeth. Show Clarissa around the house. Sapphire go along with them sweetheart." Father nods as he orders me to do as the the witch asked. He didn't even notice when I flinched as he called that woman my mother. No one noticed except for Rissa who slightly cocked an eyebrow at my gesture.

"Of course Father." I smiled at him despite wanting to scowl at him for calling that wench my mother. "I've been thinking about Clarissa over and now that she's finally here it's just wonderful isn't it Sapphire?" I turned to look at her, she tried to smile back but intend she looked as if she had swallowed something bitter and sour.

"It's a great idea." Rissa smiles and my father and the wench relaxes. Rissa's knack at impressing people will never cease to surprise me.

More than that it surprises me that that the adults seemed to believe our lies so easily. Whatever career plans I have, if they fail there's always the option of becoming an actress. Our acting is definitely good.

Sapphire, Rissa and I leave the others behind and head towards the stairs. Knowing Rissa she will start bombarding me with her questions as soon as she gets the chance and I would rather like it if we were in the guest room than in the open when she asks me.As we climb up the staircase she studies the pictures on the wall and frowns.

"Why aren't you in any of the pictures here Beth?" She asks.

I don't answer her and neither did Sapphire. We silently made our way to the top which was far enough so that the people downstairs would not hear us. I turned to look at Sapphire and motioned her away.

"Leave." I said coldly.

"But mom and dad said-"

"Do I look like I give a shit about what they say?" I growled glaring at her harder.

"But-" she protested meekly fidgeting.

"Didn't you hear what I said Sapphire?" I cut in coldly. "I said leave us alone. Go to your room and do whatever the hell you want in there until I tell you to get out. I don't think you should even try to disagree with me unless you want to face the consequence."

Sapphire stared at me, her lips quavering slightly as she slightly glanced at Rissa who was looking at me shocked. This was a whole new side of me that she never saw.

"Yes." She agreed quietly and walked towards her room slowly.

"I guess you want to know the truth. The whole story I bet?" I asked not even bothering to look at her.

"Yes."

"Come on then. I don't think telling you my pathetic life story in here would be suitable." I led her to the guest room and gestured her to go in. As soon as she got in she started looking around and frowned.

"Is this your room Beth? It looks so-"

"Empty? Cold? Cause this was never my room and this is not my home." I cut in.

Rissa sat down on my bed and patiently waited for me to begin...this is sounding dramatic. I guess it kinda is a bit.

"I guess it all began when my parents and Sapphire's mom were in high school." I began slowly. "Sapphire's mom and mine were best friends. Childhood friends actually. You'd never see one without the other, at least that's what my aunt said. My mom was the head cheerleader and dad was the Quarterback. It was no shock when my mom liked him but it was even more surprising that so did Sapphire's mom. They both decided that they would never let a guy come in between their friendship but wouldn't let the other sacrifice their happiness. So they made a pact: if he does like one of them the other would not stop them from being together."

I clenched my jaw and fists. "He chose her. Sapphire's mom while my mother didn't even protest. She was more important than he was. Things were going well until they graduated College. My grandparents, my father's parents liked my mom better since she was from a more influential family than Sapphire' mom so wanted my dad to be with my mom not her. He protested, he cried, he rebelled and he failed. In the end he had to pick my mom and Sapphire's mom left."

Now begins the hard part. "Years passed, four years and near the time was going to be born, she came back. My mom was overjoyed at the prospect of having my dad, her best friend and me. But she didn't know. He still loved her, not my mom. So that lying, cheating scumbag betrayed my mom and so did she! That whore slept with him and Sapphire was born few months after I was." I spat out. "My mom didn't even find out until I turned five and when she did," Tears were streaming down my face as I tried my best not to break down in front of her. "She was heartbroken. The only two people she ever cared about betrayed her. It killed her. He didn't even care as she sunk into depression. He didn't even care when my mom waited for him as he spent time with them and not us! She cried so much. She cried whenever she saw me because I reminded her of him. Which child wants to hear her mother's cries?"

I swallowed hard. "When I was seven it became too much for my mother. They destroyed her. She was affected so much that she didn't even have the will to live anymore. Not even for her daughter. So she killed herself. And it was me who found her body Rissa." I looked at Rissa not even being able to control myself as I started sobbing uncontrollably in front of her. "I found my mom's body, she cut her wrists and overdosed herself on sleeping pills so that there was no way for us to save her."

Rissa scowled angrily. "This isn't right! You are his daughter and she was his wife! How could he just abandon you both for them! He had a responsibility!"

"It's fine Rissa." I said wiping away the tears as I chuckled bitterly. "I'm used to it. Being without him. I'm fine. I don't need him."

"No you don't." She said firmly. "Cause you are stronger than everyone. You have people who care about you. You have me and now you have Tyler. You don't need him!" She stood in front of me. "I am your family. You don't need him. We are a family. We are more than best friends. We are sisters. You have my back and I have yours. Okay?"

And I did. She was here and so was Tyler. I didn't need anyone else.

"Okay."