23: It Wasn't A Dream

Start from the beginning

"M-Miss Ann, it's really okay." I said and I mentally rolled my eyes and considered it 'not really okay'.

I heard that. But I'll consider it because Jared is here.

Miss Ann looked at me with a hurt face and I had nothing to do about it because it was really her fault though! She kept teasing me! I looked at her again and her hurtful face was suddenly changed by a mischievous look and a smirk. What is she planning now?

"Oh, if I just didn't tease you so much about Ja--" 

I cut Miss Ann's sentence before she could mention Jared's name. 

"Oh my! How about we go outside now?" I asked quickly and stood up but regretted it since it seems that my legs were not with me today. I was surprised that a pair of arms were holding my waist and  my back. I looked up and was faced by Jared's angelic face. I was surprised once again when Miss Ann coughed behind us. But I couldn't still stand up since my legs were feeling really numb so I put my left hand on Jared's shoulder and my right on his chest.

"I'll come back later to check on you Kay, rest a bit more." Miss Ann said a bit too quickly and I could tell that she was suppressing a squeal. Later, I heard the door close behind me and I heard a scream downstairs. It sounded like Miss Ann was massively screaming.  

Kay Smith, remember to eat and take your medicines but it probably will just cure you just a little bit. Rest is the real thing you need, try not to stress yourself too much and don't keep on using your powers. Oh, and you probably need Jared by your side all the time. Haha!

I heard Miss Ann's instructions in my head since I bet she can't go here again. I was frozen in place and Jared suddenly chuckled making me look into his warm brown eyes. I realized we were still in the position earlier and I can't help but look away and cough.

"Uhm, Jared, you can put me down now." I said, still avoiding his eyes. I was sure that there was already a tinge of pink on my cheeks.

"Oh, sorry." He said and carefully let me sit down of my bed. I sat down once again and sighed. I tried to move my legs but I couldn't, all I got was a twitch.  I held my legs but just like earlier, I felt nothing. I pinched my thigh and here was a little feel, but only a little. I can't assure that I can really walk fully. 

"Are you okay?" I heard Jared say and I felt the cushion next to me sinking, I looked to my right and indeed, I saw him sitting next to me. 

"Yeah, I feel okay but I think I still have a little headache and my legs are so numb that I can't even stand up." I told him with a small bitter smile. 

"You should rest more, Kay. I'll be back." Jared said and stood up. I stared at him as he went out the door. I lifted up my legs with my hands and decided that I would just lay down since as Miss Ann said, I can't really do anything right now. I stared at the ceiling and sighed once again.

--

I woke up again by the time it was seven o'clock in the evening. As I sat up, the door opened and Jared was standing there with a tray. He walked nearer to me and gave me a bowl of... porridge. 

"Thanks." I said and started to eat. I didn't notice that I was really hungry until Jared pointed it out.

"I guess you haven't eaten in a while, huh?" He said and chuckled, he sat next to me. I mumbled a little 'yes' since I was busy eating. And you know the surprising part of this? The porridge actually tasted good! It felt homemade! I couldn't believe Jared cooked this, or did he?

"Did you cook this?" I asked him and faced him. He nodded and pursed his lips in a line, making his dimples show out.

"It's amazing that it tastes delicious." I commented and chuckled. When we were kids, either one of us was getting colds and fevers frequently so if one of us suddenly gets sick, we made a promise that the other one would always cook for the sick one. It's amazing that Jared knows how to cook! If I were to cook, uhm.. I'd probably burn the place down. But at least I know how to cook the basics.