Coronation Day

Author's Note: Ashley's Coronation Day outfit is Ashlynn Ella's Thronecoming outfit from the picture above (the one on the left)

Maleficent, Evil Queen, Jafar and Cruella had settled onto a couch in Maleficent's castle to watch the coronation on live TV.

"At last, here we are, broadcasting live from the coronation, where Prince Benjamin will soon be crowned king!" The reported said. "I'm Snow White, brining you up‐to‐the‐second coverage of who's fairest of them all."

Evil Queen threw popcorn at the screen. "'I'm Snow White.' Who are you kidding? She's definitely had work done."

Maleficent rolled her eyes.

The scene changed to the coronation hall, where the Fairy Godmother approached the dais and uncovered her wand, glittering in the Bell Jar.

"Fairy Godmother is looking radiant today, but what is happening with Jane's hair?" Snow White said. "Oh, and there's the Fairy Godmother's wand!"

The four villains watching began to pay attention. Fairy Godmother lifted the blue cloth off of the Bell Jar to present her wand shimmering inside.

"I want that wand!" Maleficent said.

"Do you?" Evil Queen said. "Hadn't heard."

"Could never have guessed." Cruella said.

Maleficent glared at them for being sarcastic.

"Oh, and here comes Ben now!" Snow White said as the screen presented Ben and Mal live, riding
through the kingdom in their carriage.

Mal sat silently, looking a little sad. She held a small blue box on her lap. Ben took her hand and held it reassuringly.

"Don't be nervous." He advised. "All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful. No problem there."

"Thank you," Mal said softly.

Ben looked down at his hand. "Mal, would you wear my ring?" He asked, sliding the golden band with the crest of Auradon off his finger. Mal pulled her hand away. "Um...not now." She said. "I think it would just probably fall right off me." She gave him a smile, and he nodded in understanding.

He went back to waving at people before Mal said, "I have something for you."

"For me?" Ben asked. Mal nodded, "Yeah." She handed him the box. "It's just for later," she explained as he opened it to reveal a small chocolate brownie, "you know, if you need strength. Some carbs to keep up your energy."

Ben smiled at her. "Always thinking," he said and Mal laughed. "But I can't wait." The prince continued as he took a bite.

"No!" Mal exclaimed, alarmed.

"Mm, this is really good." Ben said.

"Uh, do you..." Mal stammered.

"Mal?" Ben asked, worried.

"Do you feel okay?" Mal finally managed to say.

"You bet." Ben said.

"Would you say that you're still in ‐ that..." Mal stuttered, "That you have very strong feelings for me?"

Ben shrugged, "Not sure. I mean, let's give the anti‐love potion a few minutes to take effect."

"Okay," Mal said, turning away, before realizing what he'd said. "What?"

Ben began to laugh as she said, "You knew?"

"That you spelled me?" Ben clarified. "Yeah, I knew."