The Big Tourney Game / Ben Declares His Love for Mal

Author's Note: Ashley's third outfit will be the picture above. Coincidentally, the colors of this outfit matches the three signature colors of Auradon Prep: blue, white, and yellow

The tourney field bleachers were packed. The cheer squad was jumping and vaulting and cheering and basically, doing their job. The team was out on the field, playing.

Mal and Evie are watching the game on the bleachers cheering for their team. Of course, Ashley and Lonnie are sitting beside them.

"This is a nail-biter, folks. There's 47 seconds left on the clock. We're all tied up. The Sherwood Falcons, two. The Fighting Knights, two. What a game between Auradon's fiercest rivals."

The announcer said as everyone watched their favorite teams taking a short break on the field.

"Get 'em, Chad," Jay encouraged Chad.

"Thanks, Jay," Chad replied as he headed to his fellow teammates.

"The teams get into their huddles and take up positions along the kill zone.The Dragoneers have been laying down," The announcer continued, "with a hail of fire, and now a substitution by Coach Jenkins..."

"Akiho!" Coach Jenkins called out one of the members of the Fighting Knights to come over.

"You're up," the coach told Jay. Carlos patted Jay on the shoulder. But Jay wanted Carlos to play with him, saying, "Coach, how about my buddy here?"

"Oh, no," Carlos said, sitting down.

"I'm not sure about that," Coach Jenkins said, uncertain.

Jay pulled Carlos up, "Coach, he's been practicing."

"Jay - " Carlos said before Jay interrupted him

"And you said yourself that a team is made up of a bunch of parts," Jay continued, not listening to Carlos.

"Jay, I'm not that good," Carlos tried to reassure his friend.

"Well, he's kinda like the brain," Jay concluded.

With no other choice, Coach Jenkins called out to one of the Fighting Knights players, "Come here!"

As one of the players headed towards the bench, Coach Jenkins said to Carlos, "You heard him. Get out there!"

"Don't worry, bro. I got your back," Jay encouraged Carlos.

"How about my front?" Carlos sarcastically asked.

"Get out there," Jay said as he pushed Carlos out to the tourney field before he went along.

At the stands, all the Auradon Prep students were cheering for their team, even Mal, Evie, Ashley, Lonnie, and Jane, who is dressed as the Fighting Knights team mascot: a knight, cheered.

"He's bringing that hothead Jay in from the Isle of the Lost and that little guy, Carlos, who can barely hold his shield!" The announcer said. "When they break their huddles, this is gonna be a big moment here."

"And the tipoff is ready...here we go! Long pass goes to Jay!" The announced narrated as Lily watched. "Jay dishes off to Prince Ben. Nice little block by Carlos! He does a little dance jig in his opponent's face!"

Ashley cheered for Carlos because he was doing better than she expected.

"And now Jay gets the ball back. Here comes Jay! Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid‐field! Jay makes a nice pass to Ben through the kill zone. Big block by Chad! Prince Ben moves over wide, gives it back to Jay! He's in the clear! Shot! Oh, what a save by Phillip, the Falcon's Goalkeeper!"