Evie's Chemistry Test / Mal Prepares for Her Date with Ben

At the Chemistry Lab, Evie is rummaging through her purse to find her magic mirror but she finds out that it is no longer there.

"Looking for something?" Mr. Deley asked, holding Evie's mirror, "Thank you, Chad. It's gratifying to see someone still respects the honor code. It will be my recommendation that you are expelled."

"Mr. Deley, I..." Evie said before Doug interrupted her.

"But this isn't fair. Obviously, she wasn't cheating since she didn't have that... whatever it is," Doug told the teacher.

"It's called a magic mirr-" Evie said before Doug cut her off again.

"You're not helping. Stop. Maybe she needed another pencil," Doug continued.

"Actually, I was - " Evie tried to reassure Doug but he cut her off again.

"Really, don't help," Doug said to Evie before turning to Mr. Deley, "Please."

"Please," Evie repeated.

"Well, if you can pass this test, I'll return to your property and let the matter drop," Mr. Deley said as he went to his table, leaving Evie no other choice but to her answer her test without the aid of her magic mirror.

Later, it was lunch time. Doug and Ashley were at their own table, the former studying and the latter drawing in her sketchbook. Evie approached Doug and showed him her examination booklet in Chemistry. It had a 'B+' on it.

"For the first time, it's like I'm more than just a pretty face," Evie said.

"A shocker, huh? Doug said.

Evie sat beside Doug, "You were pretty great in there."

"So were you," Doug responded as the two of them chuckle.

"I bet I can get an 'A' on the next test without the mirror," Evie said.

"Yeah. Well, maybe we can get together and hang out," Doug said.

"Yeah, let's get together." Evie agreed before turning to Ashley, saying, "Hey, Ash. What are you doing there?"

"Oh. I was just creating designs for my outfits for Family Day and Ben's Coronation," Ashley said showing her the designs in her sketchbook.

"That's great. You know I'm thinking that you're gonna need my help in sewing your dresses with these designs, right?" Evie said.

Ashley replied, "Yeah. Of course."

Mal then approached Evie, Ashley, and Doug's table, "There you are. I have been looking for you literally everywhere."

"What's wrong?" Evie asked.

"Ben just asked me out..." Mal faltered, "a date."

Evie, Ashley, and Doug simply snickered at the last two words.

"We can handle this," Evie said to Mal before she and Ashley turned to Doug, "Bye."

"Bye," Doug said, returning to his study.

As Mal, Evie, and Ashley are walking away, "You're looking a little pale," Evie said to Mal.

"Yeah, of course," Mal replied.

"But we ca fix that with some gloss and some blush," Evie continued.

"No!" Mal said.

"Mal, I can use the..."

"No, no, no," Mal insisted.

"I think we can a find a outfit that would fit perfectly for your date with Ben," Ashley said.

"Yeah. I think I have one back in our dorm," Mal said.

At Mal and Evie's dorm, Evie is applying blush to Mal's cheeks while Ashley is brushing Mal's hair. Mal is also wearing a new outfit for her date with Ben.

"Okay, easy on the blush. I don't wanna scare him away," Mal complained, "Not that I could,"

Evie continued applying blush, "Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes." Evie was done with blush so she started on applying lipstick.

"My mom was never really big on makeup tips. I never had a sister," Mal said.

Evie responded, "Well, now you do. We're going to need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask Snow White."

"Are you afraid of her?" Mal asked.

"Sometimes," Evie said. "Are you afraid of your mom?" She asked Mal.

Mal thought for a moment. "I just wanted her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And sh‐yeah, she's my mom, so I know, she loves me... in her own way."

Evie nodded. She took Mal's hand and for a moment, all three girls sat in silence. "Moving on, come see." Evie said. She led Mal to a mirror and Mal stared for a moment, awestruck. "Wow!" She whispered, straightening her jacket.

Evie and Ashley stood behind her. "I know," Evie said, laughing.

"I look..." Mal began.

"Say it." Evie ordered.

"Not hideous." Mal said.

"Not even close." Evie agreed.

"Never." Ashley confirmed.

All three girls laughed.

There was a knock on the door. Mal opened it to see Ben.

"For the first time, I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful," Ben said after a moment of stun.

He smiled.

Mal snorted.

"I hope you like bikes." Ben said.

Mal nodded and took the helmet. They disappeared down the hall, and Evie and Ashley slowly closed the door.