VII.

introductory sentence brought to you by my old pal pandathebear

________

"Banishment... this... world!" Eren cried, clawing one hand through his hair and outstretching the other to Isabel. He narrowed his eyes, smirking in a devilishly handsome way.

"Tch," Isabel spat. She flung her body about, arms waving. "It's time to teach you a lesson!"

I pinched the bridge of my nose, my back to them. "Could you two be idiots elsewhere?" Farlan laughed next to me, watching the pair with amusement. I regretted not bringing music to listen to during club.

The four of us were in Storage A, doing various things, none having to do with literature. Eren and Isabel were warring over trifle matters, Farlan was their audience, and I was cleaning. The windows were looking lovely. I pat myself on the back mentally, and turned around to put the cloth back in the bucket.

Isabel let out an angry roar and clapped her hands together in front of the center of her chest. I blanched. She knelt down and slapped both hands to the floor, and then proceeded to shower Eren with various objects.

"Don't mix two anime!" Eren yelled, crossing his forearms over his head. When the last book thumped off his body, he straightened, sprawling a hand over his face. "If that's what this has come to," he growled. "Omae o korosu*!"

My eye twitched. This was sickening. Eren got into some war pose, and, with a murderous gaze, bit down on the flesh of his thumb.

Both him and Isabel cried out, rubbing their heads as books bounced off them. I lowered my hands to my hips. "Clean this mess up right now!" I ordered. "And stop talking in choppy Japanese, Eren. The English language has millions of words." Farlan was too busy attempting to stifle his laughter behind a palm.

As they picked up fallen items, I heard multiple "Itai**" from both. Sickening. "How do you get your children to listen to you?" Farlan chuckled as I sat with a huff, opening a textbook. "Sorry, sorry," he added in a rush to my glare.

"I am not motherly," I muttered as Eren approached the table.

"Levi!" he cried. "I bit too hard." He showed me his thumb, which was red and bleeding. "Help me."

My eyebrows dug down as Farlan tried to cough over his snicker. "Clean it up yourself."

"But I- I don't know where the bathrooms are!" Eren bit his lip, tearing up. Really? I thought in exasperation. "And I don't think I'll do it right. Please! I don't want it to get infected."

A deep sigh left me. I stared up at Eren. He was sincerely upset. This idiot. I stood. "Fine." Grabbing him by the wrist, I led him out into the hall, down it, and into a restroom. "This will sting at first," I told him as we got to the row of sinks.

Eren winced as I pushed his hand under cold water. He let me rub off the blood and saliva with the tip of my thumb. Maybe it was the fact that I was in water and I was washing my hands as I did it, but touching another person's inner fluids didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

There was the mild annoyance that he couldn't do this, initially, but other than that, it was calm. I felt his eyes on me while I lathered soap on our hands. Eren's hands were soft. I gulped at the thought, hoping my hair hid my ears from him. "What?" I growled.

"Thank you."

A shaky gasp left me. "Maybe if you weren't such an idiot, this wouldn't have happened. S-so, don't say that." I glanced up angrily, and immediately regretted it.