V.

"Now I have an excuse to come over!" Eren sung sweetly, making me grit my teeth.

"Don't I know it."

He had looked over in shock. "Is that a yes?!"

"No-"

"It's a date! I'll come over tomorrow with my packet!" he ululated, overcome by himself.

And thus introduces why he was sitting happily on my couch now. That was yesterday, on our way home from school. I'd barely woken up before a series of knocking following a mysterious beat ruined my morning. "You want something to drink, or-?" I had, unfortunately, given in to his rambunctious attitude.

Eren nodded. "Where are your parents?"

I had moved past the main room into the kitchen. My fingers twitched against the refrigerator door. "Beats me."

"You live alone?" There was an island separating the two rooms, and he spotted me shrug. "Sugoi*! Sugoi!"

"Quit that. I have an older sister." I grabbed a can of soda and a cup. Turning my back on him, I pulled out a small pot, filled it halfway with water, and set it on the stove to boil.

He noticed. "What'cha making?"

"Tea."

I watched the water do nothing. Eren rustled. "Where's your sister?'

"She owns a grocery store."

"I see." Maybe I could small talk his way out of my life. The thought filled me with joy. A bubble rose to the top and popped. "What's her name?" he added.

"Mikasa. Got any siblings?"

"No, I wish."

"An only child's phrase. They always say that."

"Yeah." Wonder filled his voice. I felt uneasy. It wouldn't burn down the house to look away from the stove for two seconds, would it? As if in response, a few more bubbles appeared. So I turned around.

I gasped.

First offense: he wasn't on the couch. He was on the floor, sitting cross-legged. Smiling in confusion. The closet door was open, and a box had been pulled out. The box. It was open, and Eren was staring at me with dazed amazement. "You?" he whispered.

My heart raced in my chest. I stomped around the corner and slapped him upside the head as hard as I could, feeling shaky. Biting my lip, I pushed the box into the closet with a foot, shut the door, and leaned against it hurriedly.

Eren stood with wide eyes. "You!" he cried. "You're a weeaboo, too!"

I gulped. My eyes darted. "I- I am not."

"You are too! I saw it! In the box!"

"Those are my sister's."

"There're pictures of you in cosplay!"

"Okay! You saw!"I slapped my hands over my face in shame. "Yeah, I was" came out muffled.

"Why is a box of your personal things in a closet out here?"

My hands lowered. "Eh? I can't stand to look at it in my room!"

He cocked an eyebrow. "Then why do you still have it?"

That one truly stunned me. "Hm. You're right." I opened the door, picked up the box, and managed to open the front door.

"Wait! Don't throw it away. At least give it to me?" I turned to him. Eren looked genuinely concerned for my collection of clothing, figurines, pictures... I shook my head.