Just Be Friends (Dirk x Jake)

Yet, here we are again. Jake and I. Broken up for a year, 5 months,and 1 week, but not as if I was counting. We're still friends, really close friends. We live together now, after all the shit we've been through, we didn't want each other to be alone. Jake explained how platonic it is, that we were not moving in together because of that reason, and that the break up was still 100% serious. I agreed, and actually was kind of hurt how much he disliked the idea of our relationship. He broke up with me, so I figured no, he didn't have those feelings for me still like I did towards him, but I still don't think he needed to be that pushy about it. The door slams and brings me back to reality. I grab the remote, and buck myself off the couch. 

"Back To The Future just started, I know how much you like that movie." I smile at him, as he places the pizza on the counter, and struggles with the two bottles of 2 liter sodas. I laugh, and take them out of his hands, effortlessly set them on the counter besides the pizza. 

"Thank you." He huffs out. He is perfectly capable without me, but I feel like he turns down the alertness around me, and becomes a clumsy dork. I love it. "Did the movie really just start? I hate missing even the smallest details." I let out a loud mmhmm as I grab 2 plates and cups, and begin serving us, as he makes his way to the couch, green eyes glued to the screen. His eyebrows furrow, and he turns back to face me from the couch. "What's this? It's not Doc Brown and Mcfly that's for sure." I bring him his food, and sit on the couch across from him, taking a big bite of pizza, I respond, "Well I lied, the movie starts in a few minutes actually, but on the bright side you know you won't miss anything." He smiles at me, and utters out some dorky English kid phrase, before wolfing down his pizza. By the time he is done with his first slice, I'm begging for a 4th. I decide against it, and ask him if he wants another piece as I get up to put my plate in the sink. He smiles and requests a small one, and I see he has some tomato sauce on his cheek. I smirk at him, trying to fight the urge to clean it off for him, and do what I first set out to do. 

I return with 2 more pieces for him, and a whole new glass of orange soda. He thanks me, and sets it down on the table, obviously taking a moment to let his food go down a little more before adding on. That spot of tomato sauce is still on his left cheek, begging for me. I scoot closer, and tell him he has something on his face and point. Of course, he rubs his other cheek, and when I correct him, he rubs every where but that spot. Trying to contain my laughter, I tell him to come over to me and I'll get it. He pouts and slides onto the couch I'm laying on. He looks at my legs as if he expects me to move them.

"Just crawl over them, i can't reach you from there. Unless you want me to use my feet-"

"No, eww." He lets out an adorable little giggle before doing what I suggested. He is now hovering over me, hands pressing down on the sofa next to my shoulders. 

"Lean in closer,"

"Dirk, I-"

"Do it."

He leans in, and my hands are finally free of their agony. My right hand slides up his jawline, my pointer finger and middle finger separating to make room for his ear as my finger tips find their way to his fluffy black hair. My thumb trails over his cheek, then wipes the red mark away, all the while keeping eye contact, my shades and his green eyes behind his square glasses. He glances at my thumb, before taking it in his mouth, and gently licking the sauce off of my finger. His right hand lifts up, and begins to pull my shades off, exposing my bright orange eyes. Only Jake is allowed to see them. No-one else. Plus, I can see him tons better now. His mouth slightly agape revealing slightly buck teeth, twin green orbs sparkling and shaking with anticipation I hope, tan skin, rosy cheeks. Jake English is hovering over me, our faces only centimeters away from each other. If I picked up my head a little bit, contact could be made. So I try, and just as our lips almost meet, he interrupts

"D-Dirk, I don't know if-"

"It's fine, sorry." I sigh and begin resting my head back against the couch when he breaks the space between us, and kisses me. All the sparks are there from before, all the butterflies in my stomach take off, and as he relaxes his body on top of mine, nothing has ever felt better. My lips move in sync to his, as his hands find their way to the back of my neck rest there. I sit up, and rest Jake in my lap, legs resting on both sides of me. He breaks away to smile at me, revealing that beautiful full legitimate smile I thought was possibly gone forever, He rests his head in the crook of my neck, and messes with the collar of my shirt. I chuckle, causing him to look up, wonder written all across his face. I gently rub his back and kiss the top of his head and answer before he asks, "I just really missed you, English. I thought I'd never have this again, it's just awesome that I do." He smiles at me, and readjust himself to sit up on the couch next to me, my arm still draped across his shoulder.

"Well, it's pretty great having you back too, Dirk. You're a great friend." I stop moving momentarily. Friend. That one word. I take my arm away from him, and get up to go to the kitchen. He gasp and turns up the volume on the TV, yelling about how he's already missed the beginning and how his favorite part is coming up. I spare a fake smile before turning back around towards the kitchen. I drop the plate into the sink causing a loud crash as it breaks. Shit, why the fuck did we get glass plates? Why did I grab them for pizza? Jake notices, and climbs over the couch, and yells "Dirk! Is everything jolly in there?" I refuse to show any negative emotion here, I need to respond. COME ON. RESPOND DIRK. ANYTHING.

"It's f-fine. I just slipped. Stay in there, I'll clean."

"A-Alright, if you so say."

I can hear the doubt in his voice, but soon after words I hear the volume turn up and he is already giggling because of Doc Brown. I gather the pieces in my hand, and toss the in the trash. In doing so, one large piece slips and cuts me. I hold back a scream, or grunt, and instead let out a small gasp, hoping Jake can't hear it over the sounds of all of the Doc's clocks ticking at 8:25 making Marty Mcfly late for school yet again. I wait a second, and he is still in the front room. Good, I was quiet. It really doesn't hurt, I guess I only think so because the emotional pain is so much worse. After waiting for over a year, Jake finally breaks, and we are still just friends. I thought I finally had him back, that maybe I could be okay again. I sneak past English, into the hallway, getting the first aid kit and patching myself up. I look at my bandaged hand and notice I have blood on my thumb. The same thumb that just minutes ago was on Jake's smooth cheek for the first time in a long time. I take my thumb in my mouth, and close my eyes as I lick off the blood, as Jake licked off the sauce. I know it's not the same. It won't ever be the same, will it? I guess I have to settle on the current situation.I still love Jake, as a boyfriend, a mate for life possibly, but he only seems me one way. I'm just a dude, a roommate, a friend. Whether I like it or not, whether he does still have feelings for me or not, We have to just be friends. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I refuse to let the Dirk x Jake ship sink, so screw you, they still love each other alright >.< *sobs in the corner* 

In all seriousness, I hope you enjoy this, sorry for the mistakes I did not take anytime to edit this, it was just an idea I had that after everything they are roommates, and maybe Jake likes him, but he is getting mixed signals. Sorry if it's confusing....I tried....meehehh. This is actually being based off of something I'm currently going through so it was a bit hard to write.

Stay stellar yo, and don't send mix signals. It's not fun for the other person involved,man.