Notus

Thankfully there was a shop that sold clothes, however they were touristy clothes. Ironically I found a shirt that said. 'I survived Typhoon Gorge', and so I got three shirts as a little joke for us. Once I was done I paid, and made my way over to the diner.

Walking in I saw Will sitting on the far end in a booth looking bored. Sitting across from him and putting the bags on the seat next to me I pulled out the shirt hoping it would make him smile. "You like?" I asked. "I got three."

A smile did creep across his face as he took the shirt. "Funny," He said shoving the shirt in his pack.

All of a sudden I felt a pile of bags land next to me, and Connor slide into the booth next to Will. "Here you go Jamie." He handed me back to money.

I fingered through the money counting it. "I gave $130 and you give me back $300." I stated not even surprised.

"I'm a child of Hermes, you don't expect pay for the stuff." He scoffed as the waitress came over carrying our waters.

Once we ordered and got our food we ate hungrily. And as we ate I kept seeing a man across the diner from us keep looking over and staring at me. He had bronze looking skin and white shaggy hair, but as old as hair looked he looked fit and friendly enough. I would have warned Will and Connor about him, but he didn't seem like a monster or a threat for that matter.

Once we were almost done the man got up and started walking towards us, and I gave a swift kick to Will in the shin. "Oww, what was that for?" He asked. I motioned to the man as he pulled up a chair and took a seat next to our table on the end. Will reached for his bracelet that held his bow.

"No need boy," The man smiled. "I'm not here to hurt you. I just came over to talk."

"About what?" I asked.

"I have a quest for you young demigods." He said.

"We're already on a quest." Connor replied dipping his french fry in his ketchup.

"I know, you're father told me." He said looking to me.

"Who are you?" Will asked.

"Notus, the god of the South Winds, and the god of summer." He said. "And if you help me on this quest, I'll help you on your quest."

"What do you want us to do?" I asked raising my hand to stop Will and Connor from talking knowing Will would decline and Connor would say something stupid.

"It's my daughter Kalokairi, I guess she's fallen in love with my brothers son Karpos." He said.

"Aww," Connor said. "What's wrong with that?"

"Because my brother, Zephyros has had Cupid make her fall in love with his son to use her against me. I know he's plotting something." Notus growled.

"What do you want us to do?" Will asked in a somewhat of a snarl.

"Bring her home to me at my villa, where I can snap her out of this daze. If you do that I will give you a gift that will help you later on in your quest."

"What kind of gift?" Will asked.

"A gift that if you don't have it, one of you will most definitely die on this quest." Notus said nonchalantly. I thought back to what the Oracle had said about how the child of Hermes would be put to the test. "So?"

"We'll do it." I stated. "Now where is your daughter?"

"Everything you'll need to know is written down on this." He handed me a paper. "Hurry before they get married."

*****

Will and I carried the bags out of the station as Connor scoured the parking lot for a suitable car to steal. Will had a scowl on his face letting me know he was angry about my choice to help Notus. "Just spit it out." I sighed looking to Will.

"We have a quest already, we're just getting sidetracked." He growled. "You do remember we have time limit on this quest."

"I know, but he said he would give us something that would save one of our lives. Remember what the Oracle had said about how Connor will be put to the test. If this will help him, I'll do whatever I can. I'm the reason he's on the quest, and if something were to happen to him I would never forgive myself."

"Connor came on his own free will, and whose to say Notus wasn't just lying to get his daughter back. Gods do that you know." He replied as we took a seat on the bench waiting for Connor to call us over.

"You don't have to do this quest if you don't want to. I'll go myself to retrieve her." I said just as a car horn sounded that Connor had found a car making me and Will stand up.

"I'm not letting you go get her alone. We're in this together." He said as we approached a grey Chevy Malibu.

"Hey guys," Connor said waving to us as he opened the trunk. "Don't worry, the guy who owns this car is an ass, he stole this spot from an old lady and the proceeded to yell some few choice words at her."

Once Will was in the driver seat, and I was in the front with Connor in the back, I opened the paper and read it over.

"It says she is in Shenandoah National Park, and once we're done we need to bring her to his villa in Charlottesville." I said. "Got that Sunshine?" I asked looking over to Will.

"Sunshine?" He asked turning the car on and reversing out of the spot.

"Yeah, since you know you're the son of Apollo, and you're always so happy." I smirked nearly laughing at my own sarcastic remark.

"Fine, go ahead, Airhead." He said smirking back at me.

"Your head has more air in it then mine." I retorted.

"Mom, Dad, can you please stop fighting, I'm trying to sleep." Connor remarked in the backseat. Taking my hand I reached behind me and swatted Connor.