Steve's (Sebastian's) P.O.V - Dean-Style

Depuis le début

“You can’t ignore me, Seb.” Dean said using the nickname everyone calls me. I have never liked my nickname and he knew it. Meeting my pace, he walked along side of me as he let silence override the air around us.

Seconds turned to minutes and we were getting closer and closer to the Morgan Hall that held all the liberal arts classes --- also known as first and second classes. I decided before we reached the steps of the Morgan Hall, that I would speak up. “Dean, when are you going to tell Skyla?” I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

With his hands still shoved in his front pockets, he shrugged his shoulders. “Haven’t really thought about telling her, honestly. The second I do tell her, it would break the fabric of the life she is clinging to ... Sebastian, I really don’t know how else to say this, but as my best friend, please, please stay away from her.”

Stopping in my tracks, I looked at Dean. “Is this about Erica? It is isn’t it?”

Dean glared hole into me, or at least tired as I brought up his former lover, Erica.

You see, Dean was once head over heels for a girl named Erica. He dated her for two years in secret. No one but Daniel and I knew about their relationship. Finally, they decided to make their relationship public. Well, that my friends was a mistake. The pressure of everyone around her, trying to get a scoop on the princes and just plain using her, got so overwhelming that she quit school, broke up with Dean and went back to her home state to resume school there.

Dean took it hard. She was the first person in his life to just walk out on him. Yet, he did what Daniel and I sometimes called the ‘Dean-Style’, which is when you are going through a break up and you just screw every girl you can set your eyes on.

“Don’t bring her into this,” Dean gritted. “This is about my sister! Not about her! Now, Seb I am sick and tired of tailing you around and asking -- no begging you to stop seeing my sister! She can’t handle this life we have!”

“If you weren’t my friend, I would kick your ass for just mentioning to me that I should break up with the woman I love!”

“And if you weren’t my friend, I’d be afraid! … Fact is, Seb I will not leave you alone! I will not stop bothering you until you get it in your thick skull that Skyla can’t be a part of our society! She is too fragile, too naive! Hell, you already know that if a stranger is friendly and talks to her long enough, she will break her ‘shy-shell’ and talk with them! With no regard that they are in fact a stranger and also, possibly, her enemy! Best place you and I serve in her life is behind the curtains, making sure her life is normal and safe.”

I looked at him and it was then that I saw the steel in his eyes. He was serious and I could see that he wasn’t going too easy up on me. For the first time since he started this nonsense, I really began to pull away from the idea of Skyla and me. “Please, don’t follow me … I’m just going to walk around … clear my head…"

Turning away from Dean, I walked in an aimless direction with no shadow – Dean – following me. I started to stroll around the campus, stopping at the water fountain in the middle of the school’s campus before heading to Harvey coffee shop for a coffee that tasted bland to me.

I wasted four hours, just walking around with no place in particular as my destination. The whole four hours I spent wandering around was just me trying to clear my head and think about what I should do next when it came to Skyla.

Finally, my stomach gave a rumble and I decided that I should head to the lunch room and get some food. With that in mind, I thought the quickest way to the cafeteria would be by cutting through the courtyard.

With one foot in front of the other, I waltzed into the courtyard with a frown planted on my face.

“Why didn't you just tell me that?” A familiar voice sounded.

I stopped walking and looked around to find by the stone benches in the middle of the courtyard was Skyla. She was sitting next to that Griffin-boy with a shocked expression on her face.

He muttered something to her and gave a deep look of sorrow before saying something else to her in a low tone.

I watched them for a second longer before I saw Skyla lean over and embrace him in a hug.

Jealousy and anger swam through my veins. How dare she hug him?! She doesn’t know anything about him!

I was milliseconds from storming over there and beating that Griffin-boy to a bloody pulp.  Yet, the sounds of giggles from behind me erupted and quickly diminished.

Glancing over my shoulder I saw two girls looking at me with lust swirling in their eyes. They were both standing next to each other and I guessed they were friends. One had brown eyes, round kind of face and black hair that went down to her waist. The other one had short red hair with a heart shaped face and green eyes. They both were skinny and looked very bang-able with big boobs and wide hips.

My eyes moved back and forth from Skyla, who was still hugging Griffin, and the giggling girls that seemed to fancy me.

My mind started to replay all that Dean said: "Skyla can’t be a part of our society” ... “She is too fragile, too naive!” ... “Best place you and I serve in her life is behind the curtains.” ... “She can’t handle this life we have...” ... “...as my best friend, please, please stay away from her...”

“You will relapse…”

Pitching the bridge of my nose, I sighed. Dean was right...

Turning around, I faced the girls with a wide smile. "You know I'd like to invite you two over to my condo, but I'm afraid y’all are so hot that you two will skyrocket my air-conditioning bill.”

They blushed as reach them. Wrapping my arms around both of their necks, I gave a cheesy grin. “Just joking, but hey, you fine ladies look like you have friends everywhere. Spread the word, party at Sebastian Crow’s house. Hot girls like yourself get in for free,” I joked with a wink.

They gave me small chuckled before the red head nodded. “Alright, we will spread the word. Long as you save me a dance,” she flirted.

I gave her a toothy smile and then leaned down in her ear. Beckoning my voice to sound seductive, I spoke, “I’ll save you much more than that.”

Releasing the two girls and walking away. I knew then and there I was going to leave Skyla alone, but I was going to do it in style ... Dean-Style.

<><><><><><><>

A/N: 

Oh! Funny -- personal -- story time!

Okay, this is funny, or at least for me it is -- now. 

Last night, I was up till 5 a.m. doing nothing important. I went to the kitchen to make myself a glass of ice water when I heard the sound of a car coming to a sudden halt outside my house. (Side note: I have a fear of getting robbed while awake). 

I go to the front of the house and look out the front window to see a man running down my driveway. He gets in his car and speeds off.

Well, I am freaking out because I think that he is a robber and saw me in the kitchen, got scared and left. 

I'm shaking like a leaf in the wind thinking he will come back and rob me! 

I sit myself in front of the front window, with my phone in hand and waiting for him to show up so I can call the police. (Mind you at this point I had turned on every possible light in the house and am talking myself out of calling the police right then and there)

Well, I am sitting there looking out the front window and see a blue bag on my porch and then it hit me like a lightening bolt ... 

The man I saw running down my driveway ... was not a robber wanting to rob me, but the paper boy...

... Alright, you might not have found that funny, but it is funny to me!

VOTE!

COMMENT?! ... MAYBE? PLEASE!!!!